Cause of Dark Circles Under Eyes: Here is What You Need to Know
There are so many different things that are responsible for the cause of dark circles under eyes. Too many people chalk it up to stress and lack of sleep and then go out and buy whatever magical cream they can find to relieve their issues. However, even though 9 of 10 adults report having these issues, there are different reasons for almost every single one of them. When you want to know the cause of dark circles under eyes, you have come to the right place.
Here is what you need to know :
Get off the computer and unplug the television. Go out and do something else, because sitting in front of a computer or TV screen for too long can easily create dark circles under your eyes along with other health problems.
Stress is a leading cause of dark circles under eyes. You need to make sure that you take the time to find a way to relax so that you’re not a victim of stress as a cause of dark circles under eyes.
Pollution is surprisingly a leading cause of dark circles around the eyes, as well. Pollution is unhealthy for the body, and people who live in cities with high smog rates will easily see more issues than those living in smaller, less polluted areas.
Your diet can cause dark circles as well. There are many factors involved, but the most common issues involve the excessive consumption of caffeine, alcohol, and sugar. Make sure that your diet isn’t the cause of dark circles under eyes for you.
Genetics and medical history can be a cause of dark circles under eyes. This one is really surprising to many people, but if you see children with dark circles you will understand it is true. If you are more genetically inclined to have dark circles, you will. If you have allergies, anemia, eczema, or other medical conditions that are related to dark circles, you might be more prone to getting them, as well.
If you understand the cause of dark circles under eyes, you should have no trouble eliminating your problem. You can either make lifestyle changes or rely on creams and serums to get rid of dark circles, as long as you find something that works.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.