Causes of Dark Circles Under Eyes – Are You Genetically Inclined?
There are so many different causes of dark circles under eyes. It is up to you to figure out exactly which causes affect you so that you can find the best treatment remedies every single time. The causes of dark circles under eyes are as varied as the people who experience them, which is why finding the cause and then eliminating it is critical to people’s success with under eye treatments. Here are a few causes of dark circles under eyes to consider when you are trying to figure out where yours came from:
Genetic dark circles can be a bigger factor than many people realize. In fact, many people don’t even know that genetics can cause them to be more likely to develop under eye circles, but they can. Your genes and the tendencies of your parents and other ancestors will largely determine the attributes that you have, including being leading causes of dark circles under eyes.
If it’s not genetic, try medical conditions. Allergies, eczema, hay fever, sinus congestion, and iron deficient anemia are all causes of dark circles under the eyes. Some of these can be treated and relieved, while others will be more permanent and have nothing that you can do to get rid of the dark circles. If you have to live with them, you can at least know that it isn’t your fault they are there.
Diet is a factor in about 4 of 10 people who report under eye circles. The excessive consumption of caffeine, sugar, and alcohol affects the health of the body and keeps the skin from being as healthy as it can. This often leads to dark circles under the eyes, which can be remedied by eating better and consuming less of these specific products. Of course, using a cream to lighten the dark circles already present cannot hurt.
The causes of dark circles under eyes go on and on. However, these are three very important causes of dark circles under eyes that too many people don’t think about. Fortunately, you can now make an educated decision about your under eye treatment because you can better understand things. The causes of dark circles under eyes are different for just about everyone, and are something that you need to think about before you try and fix the result of a problem that you don’t know about. Focus on the causes of dark circles under eyes and you will be much more successful in getting rid of them.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.