Causes of Dark Circles – Some You Can Control, Others You Cannot
There are many causes of dark circles under your eyes. You are in control of some of the causes of dark circles, but others leave you with no other choice than to suffer from them. Fortunately, eye creams that counter the causes of dark circles work whether you brought the dark circles upon yourself or they were handed to you without your consent. Consider that there are literally thousands of creams that claim to treat the causes of dark circles, but if any of them have man made chemicals in them, steer clear. The key to treating the causes of dark circles is to use all-natural ingredients.
To find out what your personal causes of dark circles are, you need to ask yourself a few questions. Do you like to suntan? This is one of the major causes of dark circles under your eyes and other damage done to your skin. Even if you simply play sports in the sun or spend long hours working outside, you could be realizing one of the causes of dark circles. Are you getting enough sleep? The classic raccoon look can be caused by a lack of quality sleep and restfulness. Try to get to bed earlier to counter one of the major causes of dark circles.
What are you putting into your body? If your diet consists of junk food and lacks vitamins and other important nutrients, you could be starving your body of what it needs to support healthy skin. This is one of the causes of dark circles, but many other health problems are linked to a poor diet. Do you smoke or drink? These both are causes of dark circles and other signs of early aging. Even too much coffee or too many caffeinated sodas can be the causes of dark circles. Reconsider what you are putting into your body because they could be the causes of dark circles under your eyes.
Then, there are things you cannot control. Are you getting on in years? Even just past your 20s, your age could be one of the causes of dark circles. If you are young but still see dark circles, the cause could be hereditary. If you cannot pinpoint any of the other causes of dark circles in your life, this is probably the case. Still, you could benefit from heeding the other causes of dark circles and improve your health by making simple changes in your lifestyle to prevent the causes of dark circles.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.