Causes of Under Eye Bags – Knowing the Culprits
When it comes to figuring out the specific causes of under eye bags, it’s almost like playing a game of Clue. There are so many potential suspects that it can be difficult to do. And since more than one of the causes of under eye bags may be triggering your issue, it becomes even trickier. But knowing the causes of under eye bags is important for preventing and reducing their appearance, so taking the time to track down the culprits playing a role in your case is vital if you hope to have any measure of success at preventing and eliminating your eye bags.
There are many different causes of under eye bags, but it’s probably best to start by reviewing the most common ones. A buildup of sleep deprivation is one of the main causes of under eye bags, and if you haven’t been getting the right levels of sleep then you’ve probably found one of the key issues causing your bags. Along with poor sleep, stress is another of the major causes of under eye bags. If you can improve your sleep and reduce your stress levels then you may be able to eliminate the issue completely and look better than ever.
Your diet also plays a major role in skin health, and a poor diet is one of the possible causes of under eye bags. When you aren’t getting the right levels of vitamins and minerals you may find that you have increased eye bags. That’s because muscles and tissues can weaken and the blood flow in the vessels around your eye will be reduced. Simply put, these are two of the main causes of under eye bags so if your diet leaves a lot to be desired then take the time to adjust your diet or add nutritional supplements to your daily regimen.
Another of the main causes of under eye bags is inescapable. As you age, your tissue strength breaks down, your skin weakens, and bags beneath your eyes form. If you’re growing older and feel that it’s one of the main causes of under eye bags then you should consider using creams and treatments that contain natural ingredients designed to stimulate blood flow and strengthen the areas around your eyes. There are many other causes of under eye bags, but these are among the most common. If you look closely enough you’ll probably spot one or more that may be the issue you need to address.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.