Cellulite: Addressing the Basic Causes
Would you pay attention if someone mentioned that you can prevent cellulite by following a few simple tips? You probably won’t be inclined to listen if you haven’t got cellulite yet, but if you take note on the preventatives and facts about cellulite, you’ll probably never see that horrible dimpling abruptly appearing on your ultra-smooth skin.
Why Should Cellulite happen to You?
The chances of getting Cellulite if you are male are very slim if you’re healthy and not in the category of obese people. However, if you belong to the fairer sex, you are extremely susceptible to cellulite because of a number of reasons including your skin structure, the construction of your subcutaneous fat layer, or, more importantly, the characteristics of some of the female sex hormones present in your body.
So, if you happen to be a female of any age and are yet to encounter cellulite, it is time that you know about all the aspects that lead to the appearance of that ‘orange peel’ type of dimpling on the surface of your skin. It’s also imperative on your part to understand the implications and to take adequate precautions to keep the cellulite menace away.
Keep Cellulite Away
- Keep Your Blood Circulation In Order. A poor blood circulation is one of the very basic causes that contribute considerably to the appearance of cellulite. Since all the nutrients vital to your general health have to make their way through the blood vessels to get to the dermis and skin surface, any flaw in these vessels will hamper circulation. This, in turn, will hinder the supply of the right ingredients – water, collagen, antioxidants, and etcetera – that are required for regular nourishment of the skin.
- Reduce Fluid Retention. Retention of excessive water, which would have ordinarily been drained out of your body as waste, is extremely harmful for the health in general. The excess fluid gets in between the cells and connective tissue thus weakening them and giving rise to cellulite.
- Drink Enough Water to Hydrate Your Cells. Consume at least two liters of pure water per day to keep your cells fully hydrated. This makes the cells strong enough to drive toxins out of the system and force down the enlarged fat cells thereby preventing them to push against your skin and appear as cellulite dimpling.
- Fight the Free Radicals. Since it is not entirely possible to block entry of free radicals – the dangerous chemical species that can damage the body cells – into your body, make sure to consume foods with enough antioxidants as well as vitamins, which have the inherent qualities to fight the hazard.
- Stimulate Production of Extracellular Matrix (ECM) for Connective Tissue. There is a need to stimulate the ECM – that gives structural support to the cells – in the body with adequate nutrients, which will lead to strengthening the connective tissue. A strong connective tissue/dermis is extremely critical to the prevention of cellulite.
- Stimulate Production of Fibrous Proteins. In order to promote and sustain strong dermis or connective tissues, it is essential that the collagen and elastin types of proteins are never deficient. Amino acids happen to be great source of such proteins.
- Avoid Undue Inflammation. Any kind of inflammation due to injury or infections should immediately be taken care of, lest it will result in damage to the cell walls that may lead to cellulite condition.
Taking care of the basic physiological factors through the above suggestions is bound to protect you from developing Cellulite , apart from keeping you generally healthy and immune from many other diseases. As such, whether you have or have not got cellulite – or you have got it reduced for the time being through some anti-cellulite treatment method – you will do well to recognize the relevant factors and take care of them as best as you can.
Cellulite can affect people of all ages and body types and can be notoriously difficult to get rid of. While there are certainly no miracle cures, using specially formulated creams and treatments along with a healthy diet and exercise plan can reduce the appearance of the dimpled skin affected by cellulite. Creams and lotions that contain stimulating ingredients such as caffeine are particularly beneficial as they help move toxins out the body while other natural ingredients are used to condition the skin, giving it a firmer, tighter appearance which further reduces the look of the affected area.