Cellulite: Causes, Symptoms and Remedies
Are you keen to know the why, how and what of cellulite? Given below are brief highlights to familiarize you with all the major aspects of the horrid condition.
The various factors that generally contribute to cellulite are:
- Genetic Factors. Diverse genetic dispositions such as gender, race, etcetera, greatly influence onset of cellulite.
- Overweight/Obesity. Obesity causes growth in the underlying fat cells that lead to cellulite.
- Unhealthy Eating Habits. Non-nutritious diet including spicy and junk food and excess of salt and sugar are bad for your cellulite condition.
- Inadequate Intake of Drinking Water. If you do not make it a habit to drink plenty of water (at least eight glasses a day) you will aggravate yourCellulite .
- Lack of Exercise. Absence of any kind of regular workout – walking, jogging, swimming or anaerobic exercises – is likely to cause cellulite or worsen it if already there.
- Incorrect Body Postures. Positioning/folding the lower limbs awkwardly while working or lying down may lead to onset/aggravation of cellulite.
- Hormonal Changes. This is one of the major factors contributing to the onset of cellulite. Post-pubescent and postnatal women are mostly affected by this factor due to increased flow of estrogen.
- Improper/Excessive Medication. Intake of too many medicines to get rid of your sleeping or overweight problems, birth control pills and diuretics can cause/aggravate cellulite.
- Aging. Even though people of all age can develop Cellulite , aged persons are a little more vulnerable to the condition.
The basic symptoms of cellulite are appearance of dimpling on the surface of the skin of the lower limb mainly comprising of thighs, buttocks and the hips. The dimpling may sometimes be noticed in the areas of lower abdomen, upper parts of the arms as also the neck.
In the initial stages, the dimpling effects can be observed only by pinching these areas softly if you suspect cellulite. The dimpled areas should look slightly pitted or bulged (like an orange peel).
After some days, the effect can be noticed only when you are standing – not when you are lying down. At a later stage, however, it will be evident irrespective of the position you assume. The dimpled skin areas become loose with a dull and ugly look, and will feel cold, tight and hard to your touch as well.
- Surgery. Liposuction and cellulite lift (also known as lower body lift) are the foremost cosmetic surgery procedures presently available to get rid of your cellulite.
- Injections. You can opt for fat injections to treat your cellulite condition. A host of branded injections – lipo dissolve, mesotherapy Lipo-zap, Flab-Jab, Mesotherapy, Lipotherapy and Lipolysis – are presently available in the market to treat skin/cellulite conditions.
- Machine-aided Massage. In case you are nervous of either surgery or needles, endermologie treatment should be your best option to reduce your cellulite problem.
- Cellulite Creams. A horde of Cellulite creams are now available in the market for you to apply on your skin surface with instances of dimpling. Check out reviews of each.
- Natural/Home Remedies. This is the most inexpensive method now with a number of options to treat your cellulite. Simple acts such as dry brush massage, use of coffee grounds/powder, massage with coconut and other oils, anti-cellulite baths as well as a host of other methods/substances can provide you with excellent treatment options against cellulite conditions.
In order to stay away from cellulite, it is imperative for you to first try and eliminate the cause. Make it a habit to watch out for the symptoms and if you find any of them on any part of your body, seek expert medical help as early as possible.
Cellulite can affect people of all ages and body types and can be notoriously difficult to get rid of. While there are certainly no miracle cures, using specially formulated creams and treatments along with a healthy diet and exercise plan can reduce the appearance of the dimpled skin affected by cellulite. Creams and lotions that contain stimulating ingredients such as caffeine are particularly beneficial as they help move toxins out the body while other natural ingredients are used to condition the skin, giving it a firmer, tighter appearance which further reduces the look of the affected area.