Cellulite: Stages of Development
It is very important, that you recognize the symptoms which indicate the impeding onset of cellulite on your elegant skin. This knowledge may help you in saving a lot in the form of time, money and above all, your peace of mind.
When Cellulite Strikes…
In case you are not familiar with the symptoms of cellulite, you will never know until it appears on the skin surface of your vital limbs – the most vulnerable being your thighs, hips and buttocks and in some cases the abdomen, neck and possibly under the armpit. Once it strikes, it brings such a shock because you were never aware of the signs warning you of the impending menace for quite a while.
Cellulite actually is not life threatening. It only defaces a portion of your skin with an orange peel appearance that hurts your sense of beauty, particularly if you happen to be a woman. All the same, knowing the cycle that Cellulite normally follows, may warn you before that ugly dimpling finally blossoms on the surface of your skin.
That Cellulite Syndrome
Cellulite does not develop overnight nor does the horrid dimpling appear abruptly without giving your physical system an apparent notice or two. The various stages of deterioration leading to onset of cellulite follow the following sequence:
- Poor microcirculation and venous flow in the subcutaneous fat layer that cause malnourishment in the connective tissues thus weakening them and exposing them to the hazards of cellulite.
- Decline in venous flow results in increased fluid retention and inadequate lymphatic drainage to the subcutaneous layer.
- Decrease in lymphatic drainage causes the lymphatic fluids to get accumulated in the vicinity thereby disabling the lymph fluid to stop its assigned role of evacuating waste from the fat cells.
- The fibrous septae structures begin to get more mesh-like that facilitates easy trapping of the fat cells.
- At this point of time not many symptoms indicating on set of Cellulite are visible except some minor ones in the form of late healing of cuts and bruises.
- The reduced blood circulation makes the related veins and capillaries grow weaker discharging blood into the connective tissues.
- The enhanced pressure exerted by the leaking blood further aggravates the state of circulation as well as lymphatic flow.
- The cellulite-affected area of your skin becomes a little tender and get bruised sooner even with very slight impact/friction. There could be a kind of discoloration because of the damaged veins.
- With increasing fluid retention, the fat cells and connective tissues get enlarged after a few months and start exerting pressure from underneath the skin surface. This undue pressure results in the first appearance of the cellulite dimpling (looking rather similar to orange peels).
- The accumulated lymphatic fluid further expands the fibrous septae. The fibers get still thicker with trapped fat cells and push against adjoining tissues. The circulation is further hampered turning the skin cold and a lot more dimpled.
- Due to the increased pressure, blood attempts to circulate around the cellulite-affected zone. The still expanding fibrous septae manage to trap more and more fat cells.
- The excess fat contained in fat cells in conjunction with the thickening fibers and accumulated fluid take the form of bumpy dimpling that is called cellulite.
Watch for the Symptoms
Now that you know the whole gamut of the cellulite syndrome, do you think you can make out the symptoms right in the beginning or even somewhere in the interim stage of development of your cellulite condition? If you can, you may then be able to get a big respite from that ultimate trauma, which cellulite brings along it.
Cellulite can affect people of all ages and body types and can be notoriously difficult to get rid of. While there are certainly no miracle cures, using specially formulated creams and treatments along with a healthy diet and exercise plan can reduce the appearance of the dimpled skin affected by cellulite. Creams and lotions that contain stimulating ingredients such as caffeine are particularly beneficial as they help move toxins out the body while other natural ingredients are used to condition the skin, giving it a firmer, tighter appearance which further reduces the look of the affected area.