Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion Review: Should You Really Buy it?Advertising Disclosure ?
From the company that only formulates its products with dermatologists comes Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion. This product has been intelligently designed into two distinct formulations: one for morning application and another for night use.
The AM formulation, US $14.99, is formulated with SPF 30 and a broad spectrum sun protection made with the physical sunscreen, micronized zinc oxide, and chemical sunscreen actives, homosalate, octinoxate and octocrylene. This product spreads easily and absorbs quickly on skin. No grease nor white streaks left on the skin surface. The only thing you get is protection from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays, plus protection from other sources of UV such as bluelight from your tech gadgets and other artificial lighting sources.
The PM formulation, US $13.99, is formulated with a combination of barrier-protecting ceramides that aid your skin in retaining and restoring the skin’s outer protective barriers, and in locking in moisture. It is also formulated with moisture attracting hyaluronic acid, inflammation-resisting niacinamide, and powerful emollients, glycerin, triglycerides and cetearyl alcohol.
Product is best used for normal to dry skin types.
Key active ingredients are of the Cerave Facial Moisturizing AM Lotion are:
- micronized zinc oxide, provides better mineral sun protection without the unsightly white streak
- homosalate, octinoxate and octocrylene, provide synthetic sun protection against UVA and UVB
Both the Cerave Facial Moisturizing AM and PM Lotions contain the following primary ingredients:
- Ceramides: retains and restores the integrity of the skin’s protective outer barriers to guard against environmental damage and excessive surface water loss.
- Hyaluronic acid, helps skin better capture and lock in moisture
- Niacinamide, relieves skin from inflammation and provides top antioxidant protection
Use both formulations in complementary ways throughout the day. Apply the AM product generously all over your face and body after towelling dry from your morning shower. Reapplication is necessary throughout the day for sun protection power to stay potent and active.
Apply the PM product generously after cleansing your face and body at night.
- provides a mindful product formulation that provides exactly what your skin needs for AM and PM use
- sheer and lightweight formulation
- oil-free and won’t clog pores
- contains niacinamide which also improves microcirculation of oxygen and nutrients
- contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid for enhanced skin moisture content
- AM formula contains micronized zinc oxide which provides better sun protection while also eliminating the unsightly white streak left by physical sunscreen actives
- Uses endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDC), parabens, as product preservatives
- Uses EDCs, homosalate and octocrylene, as active sunscreen ingredients
- Chemical sunscreen actives are known to be highly irritating ingredients
- Product works best for normal to dry skin only
- The AM formulation may not be suitable for sensitive and problematic skin types
This product mindfully fuses together your skin’s need for sun protection in the morning with its top requirement for healing and treatment at night. You do need two kinds of products to do that. This combination may be a good place to start with that kind of skin regimen but, perhaps, not when you have sensitive or problematic skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."