Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15: Does It Work?
The ideal skincare product for you follows a certain equation that is quite simple: the product must be effective at targeting your skin issues but once it does, it’s also imperative that it is the right kind of product made specially for your skin and your skin issues.
Among the many must-haves in your daily skincare routine is a facial moisturizer with a broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. This product should keep you skin protected from dryness and shield your skin from UV radiation, the number one cause of skin aging.
About Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15, which retails for $16 and available for 4 fl. oz., is one of the most popular and older products from the Cetaphil brand. In fact, it started a revolution in sunscreen infused moisturizers and has, by now, gained a large loyal following globally. Does Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 live up to its high standards two decades beyond the start of the new millennium?
Use the product under your makeup and other skin products daily at least 15 minutes before going out into the sun to achieve unprecedented skin moisture and UV protection in one product.
Manufacturer information and its claims about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 is owned, manufactured and distributed by Galderma Laboratories, Inc., which boasts of five R&D centers, six manufacturing sites, and an extensive global reach for its products. Its rich history of excellence, having been borne out of a partnership between Nestlé and L’Oreal, guarantees that all products are designed and formulated based on sound science and backed up by strong research.
Galderma maintains its reputation and standing as the global leader in advanced dermatology, leading the formulation of products that address specific skin issues that include acne, psoriasis, abnormal pigmentation, rosacea and skin cancer.
With Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15, Galderma promises to provide mild and gentle moisturization and UV protection on skin that will not harm it in any way.
How Does Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 Work?
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 works two ways. First, it floods skin with moisture to keep skin from drying out which makes it more susceptible to skin aging. The product does so by incorporating a number of skin conditioning agents and emollients in its ingredients list.
Second, it protects skin from harmful UV rays, exposure to which does direct damage to the skin’s DNA and matrix, causing skin to age. It utilizes the sun shielding power of two active ingredients: Avobenzone (3%) and Octocrylene (10%).
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 Ingredients
There are two active ingredients which the Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 is formulated with Avobenzone (3%) and Octocrylene (10%). Bothe active ingredients are broad spectrum sunscreen that effectivelt protects against the skin damaging effects of direct sun exposure and UV radiation by transforming these into heat that avoids direct damage to the skin’s DNA.
Inactive Ingredients are as follows:
- Solvents: Water, Cyclomethicone
- Moisturizers and skin conditioning agents: Glycerin,Glyceryl Stearate,Diisopropyl Adipate
- Cleansing agent: PEG-100 Stearate
- Antioxidants: Tocopheryl Acetate
- Stabilizers and texturizers: Polymethyl Methacrylate,Benzyl Alcohol,Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer 940,Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine,
- Antiseptic / Antifungal / Antibacterial / Preservative: Phenoxyethanol
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 Benefits
- non comedogenic and hypoallergenic
- provides broad spectrum SPF 15 sun protection
- keeps skin hydrated and well protected from dryness and UV induced skin aging
- lightweight formulation
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 Drawbacks
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 is only infused with SPF 15 sun protection. The daily sunscreen standard recommendation is between SPF 25 to 30 and thus, the product’s sunscreen protection falls way below the current acceptable range.
- Product contains alcohol
Apply Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 on face, neck and décolleté at least 15 minutes before you go out into the sun. Re-apply frequently every two hours throughout the day.
For external use only. Product is generally not for use of very young children.
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 Side Effects
- Product is formulated with ingredients that are now proven and widely recognized to be irritants. These can cause anywhere from mild to severe allergic reactions on eyes and skin.
- Product contains phenoxyethanol which, the US Food and Drug Adminitration, has warned against its possile damaging effect on the central nervous system and other internal organs.
Who can use Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15?
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 may be used by men and women of all skin types.
Despite the loyal following of Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15, and being the market leader for decades, product formulation has changed very slightly over the years, making the product science and formulation a bit already obsolete and needs updating. However, the long experience with product use is testament enough of its effectiveness and safety. Use it or not, it’s not the only product that can give you the benefits it claims but, it’s all up to you.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: