Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30 Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30?
The Cetaphil brand is managed by Galderma Laboratories, Inc. The company was established as a collaboration between Nestlé and L’Oreal. The company owns five R&D centers and six manufacturing sites which guarantees that Galderma products undergo rigorous and intensive research before these are released for distribution via the company’s global distribution network.
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 , US $18.99 for 4.0 oz., is a high performance product specially formulated for oily and acne-prone skin, that delivers 3 primary functions, that is, moisturizer, sun protection, and shine control.
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30- Does it really work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following benefits to improve your skin’s health and enhance its appearance:
- Relieve dryness and signs of inflammation to improve your overall skin tone and complexion
- Control and regulate excess oils, absorbs excess shine
- Deliver significant amounts of moisture to help relieve dryness caused by acne medications
- Provide your skin with broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection
- Leaves your skin with a matte finish
This product works by providing broad spectrum sun protection and improving your skin’s surface conditioning and moisture content.
What are the ingredients in Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30?
- Avobenzone (3.0%), Octisalate (5.0%) and Octocrylene (7.0%): Chemical sunscreen active
- Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate: Improves skin synthesis and your skin’s moisture content
- Vitamin E: Aids in replenishing your skin’s lost moisture
- Panthenol: This ingredient hydrates and strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier. Panthenol is the provitamin of B5 because and is used in cosmetics and beauty products primarily as a lubricant, emollient and moisturizer
Benefits of Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30
- The product will not affect your acne medications, and therefore can be safely applied over your acne treatment.
- This day time moisturizer comes with sun protection, and no longer requires layering a separate sunscreen.
- Formula contains fragrance which some people may not find suitable.
Disadvantages of Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30
- The product can feel sticky, heavy and greasy on skin.
- Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 reviews also indicate that users find this product does not blend in well with skin, and fails to control excess oil secretion.
- This product is not formulated for use on oily and acne challenged skin.
Does Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including triethanolamine, and chemical sunscreen actives
- Increased risk for irregularities in estrogen levels and associated body functions due to sunscreen actives
- Increased risk for nerve damage due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for reproductive health related diseases due to EDTA
How to Apply Directions Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 must be applied at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun.
Reapply at least every 2 hours or, after sweating profusely to maintain the potency of this product’s sun protection function.
Final Verdict- Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30
The primary objective of Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 is to provide a day time moisturizer with sun protection that will be effective but gentle enough for use on sensitive and reactive skin types. That does not mean that this product will work wonders for just about any skin type.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: