Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30 Review: Is It Really Effective?
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 Introduction
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 , US $18.99 for 4.0 oz., is a high performance product specially formulated for oily and acne-prone skin, that delivers 3 primary functions, that is, moisturizer, sun protection, and shine control.
What Does Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following benefits to improve your skin’s health and enhance its appearance:
- Relieve dryness and signs of inflammation to improve your overall skin tone and complexion
- Control and regulate excess oils, absorbs excess shine
- Deliver significant amounts of moisture to help relieve dryness caused by acne medications
- Provide your skin with broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection
- Leaves your skin with a matte finish
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 Manufacturer’s Detail
The Cetaphil brand is managed by Galderma Laboratories, Inc. The company was established as a collaboration between Nestlé and L’Oreal. The company owns five R&D centers and six manufacturing sites which guarantees that Galderma products undergo rigorous and intensive research before these are released for distribution via the company’s global distribution network.
Working of Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30
This product works by providing broad spectrum sun protection and improving your skin’s surface conditioning and moisture content.
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 Ingredients
- Avobenzone (3.0%), Octisalate (5.0%) and Octocrylene (7.0%): Chemical sunscreen active
- Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate: Improves skin synthesis and your skin’s moisture content
- Vitamin E: Aids in replenishing your skin’s lost moisture
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 Pros
- This product is specially formulated for use on oily and acne challenged skin.
- The product will not affect your acne medications, and therefore can be safely applied over your acne treatment.
- This day time moisturizer comes with sun protection, and no longer requires layering a separate sunscreen.
- Formula is fragrance free.
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 Cons
- The product can feel sticky, heavy and greasy on skin.
- Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 reviews also indicate that users find this product does not blend in well with skin, and fails to control excess oil secretion.
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including triethanolamine, and chemical sunscreen actives
- Increased risk for irregularities in estrogen levels and associated body functions due to sunscreen actives
- Increased risk for nerve damage due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for reproductive health related diseases due to EDTA
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 must be applied at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun. Reapply at least every 2 hours or, after sweating profusely to maintain the potency of this product’s sun protection function.
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 reviews read:
- “For what it’s worth, this does provide a generous amount of SPF and is a great base for makeup, but that’s where the good things end. It doesn’t control oil or looks matte AT ALL. Also, it’s been causing a major increase of closed comodones, which is not ideal for an acne-prone person. It’d probably be better for normal/combo skin, but this was horrible for my oily skin. It’s such a pricey product for the drugstore to boot.” — glorieavalos on Makeup Alley
- “I absolutely love this product, its inexpensive, has a sunscreen ( which usually I struggle to find one that doesn’t irritate my skin ) and can be used with acne treatments. I have found that regular use helps with controlling oil and helps me combat pesky pimples. With this product I recommend that you use it daily for at least one month to get results with oil control. Pros: inexpensive, oil free, won’t block pores, doesn’t aggravate acne prone skin, oil control ( over time ) and sunscreen…Overall it’s a fantastic product for daily moisturising and sun protection that doesn’t irritate oily, acne prone skin.” — kbono23 on Makeup Alley
The primary objective of Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 is to provide a day time moisturizer with sun protection that will be effective but gentle enough for use on sensitive and reactive skin types. That does not mean that this product will work wonders for just about any skin type.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: