CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt Review:
CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub Overview:
CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub is a detoxifying and deep cleansing shampoo with sea salt. This scrub formula is supposed to soothe a sensitive, oily, itchy, stinging, or flaky scalp. It aims to provide relief from different scalp issues and encourage healthy hair growth by eliminating impurities and boosting circulation. Although it may not be recommended for extensions or keratin-treated hair.
CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt is manufactured by a company founded by hairstylist Christophe Robin. This is a hair care line launched in 1999 that was inspired by ancestral recipes and natural ingredients for restoring and caring for the hair and scalp.
This review summarizes everything you need to know about this shampoo to see if it can work for your needs.
CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub – Does It Really Work?
Christophe Robin was first fascinated with techniques of hair care and coloring that he found to greatly enhance women’s natural beauties. Over the years, he partnered with different companies, laboratories, and experts to produce product ranges that specialize in colored hair. He is a believer in the use of rare and ancestral natural resources like lemon, chamomile, prickly pear oil, and lavender to deeply nourish and treat hair. His products now extend to skin care both for men and women.
The company claims that this shampoo is enriched with sea salt and other natural ingredients that deliver the following benefits:
- Cleanse, soothe, and exfoliate the scalp.
- Deliver essential hydration.
- Eliminate impurities.
- Provide rebalancing mineral salts.
- Give hair a deep clean and healthy luster.
- Purify, detoxify, hydrate, cleanse, and soothe the scalp.
- Free of parabens, phthalates, colorants, or silicone.Support and enhance natural blood micro-circulation.
- Not tested on animals.
What Are The Ingredients In CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub?
The following CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub ingredients are responsible for its beneficial effects:
- Sea salt: Sea salt helps exfoliate the scalp by helping flakes to loosen and fall off. It also revitalizes the hair follicles and significantly increases blood circulation to the scalp. These combined effects accelerate hair growth, increase hair volume, and improves overall hair health. Incorporating salt in hair care products also helps remove excess oil and reduce sebum production. It also contains different beneficial minerals like calcium, magnesium, bromide, sulfur, and zinc.
- Sodium Laureth sulfate: This component is among the substances chemically known as surfactants. It is a foaming agent that allows the shampoo to lather, effectively and deeply cleansing the scalp by dislodging dead cells, dirt, and oil.
- Sweet almond oil: This ingredient is rich in vitamin E and vitamin A. Vitamin E is a source of antioxidants and also promotes circulation to the scalp while vitamin A maintains healthy cells. Sweet almond oil also contains vitamins B1 and B6 that help regulate and maintain hair growth.
Directions To Use:
Use and apply a small amount of CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt as shampoo onto wet hair. Gently massage this into the scalp, wet with some more water, work into a lather, and rinse thoroughly. Follow with a nourishing treatment or a light conditioner. Use the scrub once or twice every week. Avoid getting the scrub into the eyes. In case of contact with the eyes, rinse thoroughly with running water.
- Cleanses the scalp and hair thoroughly
- Soothes the scalp from irritation, itchiness, stinging, or burning
- Removes dirt, sebum, or product buildup
- Encourages healthier hair growth
- Helps increase hair volume
- Nourishes the scalp
- Ideal for an oily and sensitive scalp
- No colorants, silicone, phthalates, or parabens
- It has a fragrance that is too strong for some people.
- Not recommended for extensions or keratin-treated hair.
- It offers minimal conditioning effect, so you have to supplement with more hair conditioner than regular shampoo.
- In a few customer reviews, it was found to make the hair sticky, too dry, and more prone to knots and tangles.
Does CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub Have Any Side-effects?
There are no clinically proven CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub side-effects. However, minor disadvantages are reported in CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub reviews available online.
Also, sodium lauryl sulfate is known to irritate the skin and can make hair more brittle and prone to breakage. It is also responsible for a host of other hair loss issues. Residues of the substance may be left even after rinsing, making it a potential irritant. It can also cause allergic reactions, hair loss or thinning, irritation, hair follicle, and skin damage, eye damage, or even liver toxicity since it cannot be metabolized by the liver.
CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Cleansing Purifying Scrub does leave the hair deeply cleansed. However, in contrary to the manufacturer’s claim, not all hair types can benefit from this product and its strength can sometimes lead to a variety of problems such as dryness, itching, and tangles.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: