City Sunscreen Serum Review: Is It The Best For Your Skin Type?
City Sunscreen Serum Description
Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum, US $42.00 for 2 oz., is a lightweight, multi-functional daily sunscreen product that delivers the following benefits for your skin:
- Improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and other signs of skin aging caused by UV damage
- Prevents further UV-induced damages on the skin
- Provides powerful antioxidant protection that fight free radicals, including UV
- Floods skin with moisture and keeps it hydrated over prolonged period of time
- Repairs skin barrier and strengthens its protective properties
- Minimizes surface water loss
- Serves as a primer for makeup
Based on a four-week clinical study reported by the company, the following results were collected:
- 88 per cent agreed that their skin feels better moisturized
- 96 per cent said that their skin appears healthier
- 96 per cent expressed surprise that the product contains high SPF protection and yet cling on skin nicely
With regular, long-term use, expect to observe the following beneficial results on your skin:
- Smoother and more evened out fine lines and wrinkles
- Overall lighter and brighter complexion
- Less signs of premature aging
- less visible dark marks
City Sunscreen Serum Ingredients
- Homosalate (8%), Octisalate (4%), Avobenzone (3%), Octocrylene (2%): Chemical sunscreens that, when combined, provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Uniprotect PT-3: A proprietary complex that corrects skin damage caused by UV and, with continued product use, helps make skin appear glowing and more youthful
- Vitamins E and B5: supports the fast delivery and absorption of beneficial skin ingredients; also, deeply moisturizes skin and helps hasten cell renewal and turnover
- Hydroviton 24: Supports better skin moisture conditions by flooding skin with moisture, strengthening the skin’s outer protective layer, and preventing surface water loss
- An advanced 24-hour moisturizing complex that helps skin feel supple and smooth and strengthens the skin’s barrier to reduce water and nutrient loss
- Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum must be applied on skin every morning without fail for effective daily UV protection.
- Apply product liberally on skin at least 15 minutes before going out into the open.
- Use under makeup and reapply throughout the day.
- Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum must not be used on children six months and under.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women are discouraged from using this product.
City Sunscreen Serum Advantages
- Provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Corrects sun-damaged skin
- Protect skin from further damage
- Significantly improves skin moisture
- Improves skin barrier
- Product claims are backed by a study
City Sunscreen Serum Disadvantages
- Homosalate, Octisalate, Avobenzone, Octocrylene, and other chemical sunscreen actives can be highly toxic, accumulate in the body and eventually cause diseases
- Product contains polyethylene glycols (PEG) which are highly toxic and is at high risk for being contaminated with 1,4-dioxane, a carcinogen
Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum is formulated for multiple functions but, you need it for sun protection more than anything else. Before you make a purchase, ask yourself if this product meets your sun protection needs first. Consider its other properties as a plus.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."