City Sunscreen Serum Review: Is It The Best For Your Skin Type?
City Sunscreen Serum Description
Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum, US $42.00 for 2 oz., is a lightweight, multi-functional daily sunscreen product that delivers the following benefits for your skin:
- Improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and other signs of skin aging caused by UV damage
- Prevents further UV-induced damages on the skin
- Provides powerful antioxidant protection that fight free radicals, including UV
- Floods skin with moisture and keeps it hydrated over prolonged period of time
- Repairs skin barrier and strengthens its protective properties
- Minimizes surface water loss
- Serves as a primer for makeup
Based on a four-week clinical study reported by the company, the following results were collected:
- 88 per cent agreed that their skin feels better moisturized
- 96 per cent said that their skin appears healthier
- 96 per cent expressed surprise that the product contains high SPF protection and yet cling on skin nicely
With regular, long-term use, expect to observe the following beneficial results on your skin:
- Smoother and more evened out fine lines and wrinkles
- Overall lighter and brighter complexion
- Less signs of premature aging
- less visible dark marks
City Sunscreen Serum Ingredients
- Homosalate (8%), Octisalate (4%), Avobenzone (3%), Octocrylene (2%): Chemical sunscreens that, when combined, provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Uniprotect PT-3: A proprietary complex that corrects skin damage caused by UV and, with continued product use, helps make skin appear glowing and more youthful
- Vitamins E and B5: supports the fast delivery and absorption of beneficial skin ingredients; also, deeply moisturizes skin and helps hasten cell renewal and turnover
- Hydroviton 24: Supports better skin moisture conditions by flooding skin with moisture, strengthening the skin’s outer protective layer, and preventing surface water loss
- An advanced 24-hour moisturizing complex that helps skin feel supple and smooth and strengthens the skin’s barrier to reduce water and nutrient loss
- Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum must be applied on skin every morning without fail for effective daily UV protection.
- Apply product liberally on skin at least 15 minutes before going out into the open.
- Use under makeup and reapply throughout the day.
- Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum must not be used on children six months and under.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women are discouraged from using this product.
City Sunscreen Serum Advantages
- Provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Corrects sun-damaged skin
- Protect skin from further damage
- Significantly improves skin moisture
- Improves skin barrier
- Product claims are backed by a study
City Sunscreen Serum Disadvantages
- Homosalate, Octisalate, Avobenzone, Octocrylene, and other chemical sunscreen actives can be highly toxic, accumulate in the body and eventually cause diseases
- Product contains polyethylene glycols (PEG) which are highly toxic and is at high risk for being contaminated with 1,4-dioxane, a carcinogen
Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum is formulated for multiple functions but, you need it for sun protection more than anything else. Before you make a purchase, ask yourself if this product meets your sun protection needs first. Consider its other properties as a plus.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: