Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is Clarins Day Cream?
Clarins is a very reputable skincare company with a long history in the beauty industry. They produce a wide range of skincare and beauty products some of which have won industry awards. Their consumer website is very informative and well-produced and not only shows the products in their range but also includes additional skincare educational information. They offer free shipping on orders over $75.00, three free samples with every order and a rewards program for loyal customers.
Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream is a Anti-Aging moisturizing product that is specifically for people over the age of 50 as a way to prevent signs of aging. It is made and sold by the well-known Clarins company but it is also widely available in retail stores. The cream is designed to be used in conjunction with the other products in the Clarins range but can also be used as a stand-alone treatment. When purchased from the Clarins site, the cream costs $126.00 and members of the site can take advantage of special offers and rewards points.
Clarins Day Cream – Does It Really Works?
The Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream is, as the name suggests, made to be used in the daytime to keep the skin hydrated, soft and supple. The natural ingredients used in the formula work to nourish the skin, provide it with intense hydration and restore the radiance that is normally associated with young skin. It can be used over the Clarins Super Restorative Serum and, because it is a day cream, can be worn under make up. While the full ingredient list is not shown, the key active ingredients are and the product has been dermatologist tested.
Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream claims to do the following in terms of treating the skin:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Nourish the skin and restore radiance
- Provide ultra hydration
- Keep skin soft and smooth
What are the Ingredients in Clarins Day Cream?
- Harungana: A botanical from Madagascar, this ingredient helps to regenerate tired and aging skin while soothing any irritation.
- Cabbage Rose: While mainly used for its fragrance, Cabbage Rose is also thought to have skin conditioning and toning properties.
- Shea: This rich conditioning ingredient contains unsaponifiables which are said to be the most ‘precious’ part of antioxidants. These are vital for fighting free radicals in the skin and slowing aging at a cellular level.
How To Apply Clarins Day Cream
- This is specifically a day cream so should be applied in the morning after cleansing the skin.
- It can be used on its own or over the Clarins Super Restorative Serum.
Benefits Of Clarins Day Cream
- The formula is specifically designed for people 50+
- It contains natural botanical ingredients
Disdvantages Of Clarins Day Cream
- It may be too expensive for some people
- The full formula list is not provided
Does Clarins Day Cream have Any Side Effects?
There does not appear to be anything in the formula for this cream that would cause any irritation in the skin and it has been tested by dermatologists.
Final Verdict: Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream
Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream can be relied upon to provide high quality ingredients that should, at the very least, leave the skin well moisturized, soft and supple. It is surprising that a company of Clarins’ size and reputation wouldn’t provide more information about their formulas and show data from clinical and scientific testing performed on their products. Additionally, the product is expensive although many consumers who have left reviews state that it is worth the higher cost.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.