Clarins Sunscreen Wrinkle Control Cream: Does It Really Work?
Anti-aging skincare begins with prevention. Since the sun and the UV radiation it emits is a major cause of skin cell damage and the subsequent manifestation of signs of skin aging that follow, it’s never too early to start on a daily sunscreen care habit. The earlier you get into the healthy habit of putting on sunscreen, the better prospects you have in enjoying younger looking skin for longer.
You must know by now that the best sunscreen products are the ones that give you broad spectrum protection. This means, your sunscreen should be able to help either block or deflect the longwave UVA rays and shortwave UVB rays. UVA rays penetrate your skin deeply where it damages your skin cells which later in your life manifest as wrinkle, sun spots and other signs of skin aging. UVB rays, on the other hand, causes sunburn.
About Clarins Sunscreen for Face Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30
Clarins Sunscreen for Face Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30, which retails anywhere between $30 and $40 for every 2.7 fl. oz. bottle, is formulated to give you a broad spectrum protection at high levels. It suits all skin types, and is particularly helpful in preventing sun damage among those who burn easily when exposed under the sun, as well as for those who get frequent and prolonged sun exposure.
Lightweight and sheer, this non-sticky, cream-based product does not leave white streaks on your face when applied. It blends easily with skin but does not leave it greasy so it’s perfect to go under your makeup everyday. With an SPF 30 formulation, this product is able to protect your skin for up to 30 times the normal time it takes for it to burn without protection.
Manufacturer Information and its Claims about Clarins Sunscreen for Face Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30
Founded in France in 1954 by Jacques Courtin-Clarins, this brand remains to be family run despite having earned the reputation of being one of the most respected global brands in the beauty and skincare industry.
Presently, Clarins’ business spans from skincare to cosmetics to perfume, targeting both women and men.
How Does Clarins Sunscreen for Face Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30 Work?
Skin is protected from sun damage through the combination of four active sunscreen ingredients: Octocrylene, Octinoxate, Titanium Dioxide, and Ensulizole.
This product is also infused with Phyto-Sunactyl 2 Complex, an innovation from the Clarins Laboratories, which Clarins claims enables the product to provide optimal level of protection for your skin whilst employing the natural, botanical skin beneficial properties of Senna, Olive Tree and Baobab:
- Senna, rich in powerful antioxidants has been traditionally used for soothing a wide range of skin ailments
- Olive Tree, also contains antioxidants but also Vitamins A and E, is also reputed for healing damaged skin
- Baobab, insulates the skin from extremely high and low temperatures, anti-inflammatory and supports skin recovery from damage
Clarins Sunscreen for Face Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30 Ingredients
Active ingredients / Sunscreen:
- OCTOCRYLENE (10%)
- OCTINOXATE (7.5%)
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (4.5%)
- ENSULIZOLE (3%)
Inactive ingredients grouped according to functional role in the formulation:
- Solvent: Water
- Moisturizers / Skin Conditioners / Emollients / Emulsifiers / Antioxidants: Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Myristate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Mannitol, Glyceryl Behenate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Pisum Sativum (PEA) Extract, Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata Extract,Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Platanus Occidentalis Bark Extract
- Vitamins: Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol
- Stabilizers / Texturizers / Additives: Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Edta, Dimethiconol, Dextrin
- Preservatives: Methylparaben, Ethylparaben
- Fragrance: Tromethamine, Cyclodextrin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclo-Hexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Limonene,Amyl Cinnamal,Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethylionone, Geraniol
Clarins Sunscreen Wrinkle Control Cream Benefits
- Product provides broad spectrum sunscreen
- Allergy tested and non-comedogenic
- Protects skin from premature aging
Clarins Sunscreen Wrinkle Control Cream Drawbacks
No product drawbacks noted.
Clarins Sunscreen Wrinkle Control Cream Dosage Instructions
Apply product liberally on all exposed parts of your skin at least 15 minutes before going out into the sun. Re-apply every 2 hours or as often as possible, most especially when wet.
Clarins Sunscreen Wrinkle Control Cream Precautions
Take care not to let product come into contact with your eyes.
Product is poisonous when swallowed. Keep out of reach of children.
Clarins Sunscreen Wrinkle Control Cream Side Effects
Product contains the following ingredients which can be potentially dangerous to your health:
- Octocrylene, moderately toxic and highly likely to cause skin irritation
- Aluminum hydroxide, aluminum is well known to be neurotoxic
- Parabens, mimic hormones and therefore affect hormone-regulated body processes
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), feared to be a carcinogenic
- Coumarin, likely to cause allergic reactions and liver damage
Who Can Use Clarins Sunscreen for Face Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30?
Not for use of children under 6 months of age.
Clarins Sunscreen for Face Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30 can be your ideal ‘anti-sun’ partner for life. However, as is common with many other sunscreens, this product is made from potentially irritating ingredients which may or may not suit your skin type.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."