UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Review:Is It Good Enough?
From the world renowned skin care, makeup and perfume brand, Clarins, the UV Plus Anti-Pollution Sunscreen has been created. Priced at US $43 for every 1.7 oz., this sheer and lightweight moisturizer plus sunscreen works to improve skin tone and brightens your overall complexion. This is a product that dries down to a smooth matte finish and is well suited to be worn under makeup.
It boasts of an Anti-Pollution Complex made from a combination of sunscreens and antioxidants all designed to protect your skin from harmful short-term and long-term damage caused by excessive UV exposure. It acts to correct and defend your skin from developing multiple signs of skin aging.
The formulation is also made from combining synthetic and mineral sunscreen actives for an effective sun protection potential. On the other hand, a host of plant extracts that include alpine sanicle, cantaloupe melon and blackcurrant are infused to give this sunscreen a moisturizing feel on skin.
Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 50 comes in two varieties, tinted and non-tinted. The tinted type comes in three distinct shades.
Key active ingredients are:
- Titanium Dioxide 10.9%: physical sunscreen
- Homosalate 4%, Octocrylene 4%, and Oxybenzone 1.5%: chemical sunscreens
- Organic Alpine Sanicle Extract, Cantaloupe Melon Extract, Organic Blackcurrant: antioxidants, help skin better resist damage caused by free radicals while also providing added sun protection to support skin in resisting signs of damage and aging
- Anti-Pollution Complex: a proprietary formulation made to help your skin withstand the damaging effects of pollution over longer periods of time
Use product only during the day, and only after no allergic reaction has been established by using a simple overnight patch test. This is necessary as many of this product’s ingredients are known to cause extreme skin irritation and allergies.
Apply generously and reapply throughout the day as necessary to retain potency of its sun protection function.
- SPF 50 requires much less product reapplication throughout the day
- matte finish and less frequent application make it an ideal sunscreen to wear under makeup
- contains a host of antioxidants to help skin better manage environmental stressors and UV
- titanium dioxide is a physical sun blocker that is much less potent than the other mineral sun blocker, zinc oxide
- contains oxybenzone, a highly toxic ingredient
- contains homosalate, octocrylene, and oxybenzone, endocrine-disrupting chemicals that get in the way of normal regulation of various essential body processes
- contains drying alcohols that don’t support moisture absorption and, worse, possibly damage your skin’s ability to capture and hold moisture
- key beneficial ingredients are present in very low concentrations compared to product preservatives and miscellaneous ingredients
- possibly low potential for re-hydrating skin as a result of low concentration of moisture ingredients
We all need sunscreen — no questions asked. Where we all differ is in picking out the right sunscreen that complements our skin, our needs and our lifestyle. Does this fit yours?
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: