Clinique Age Defense Eye Cream Reviews- Should You Trust This Product?Advertising Disclosure ?
Clinique Age Defense Eye Cream is presented as a combination of sun protection and skin brightening ingredients, which may provide an excellent combination of supporting elements to the health of your skin. The product is available from Clinique directly at a price of $41 for a bottle containing .5 ounces of the product; it can be found at other retailers as well, although the prices may vary, and in some cases may be higher than the direct-from-manufacturer price. Clinique offers generous exchange and refunds if you order directly from them, however, with no stated limit or requirement that the returned product be unused.
Unfortunately, Clinique does not discuss the active ingredients in this formula at any kind of length. We were able to research the product to the point of finding out that it includes titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, which are both powerful physical sunscreen elements, and the label states that it has an SPF of 20. Without more information on the function of the other included ingredients, it is difficult to even begin to guess on how well it could work as anything other than a sun protection measure.
Apply a small amount of the product into the eye area with gentle patting once per day. For best results, make use of it every day.
- Ophthalmologist tested for safety
- Comes from a reputable manufacturer
- Generous return/exchange policy
- High SPF
- Very high price for the amount you get
- No clinical evidence is provided for any of its ingredients
Clinique Age Defense Eye Cream is made by an established manufacturer with a generous refund policy, as well as being widely available in other retail outlets. In addition, it includes a generous amount of proven sun-protection ingredients. However, there is no clinical backing for the other claims made for this product, and indeed, very little information on the purpose of the other ingredients in the formula at all. It is also rather highly priced, especially for the amount you get.
There are many beauty products available for every budget, and many of them have far lower prices and far more clinical backing for their claims. Be sure to shop thoroughly before you commit to any purchases.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."