Clinique Exfoliating Scrub Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
Clinique Exfoliating Scrub Overview
Clinique recommends a simple, custom-fit routine called the three step skin care system – cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize. This scrub is for consumers to find the right regimen for happier skin that is clear, smooth and glowing.
Part of this regimen is a skin-clearing facial wash designed for skin types 3 (combination oily) and 4 (oily). Clinique Exfoliating Scrub is a water-based formula that de-flakes, refines and softens fine lines. It comes in a 3.4 fl. oz. classy flip open tube that sells for $22.00.
All Clinique makeup and skin care products are allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. They offer free shipping for their smart rewards customers and will provide for a refund or exchange on items purchased online.
Clinique Exfoliating Scrub- Does it Really Work?
This scrub works by cleansing your face, making it to be smooth, clear and glowing. It improves the skin texture and eliminates aging signs such as fine lines. It also improves overall skin health and make you feel fresh and clean.
What are the ingredients in Clinique Exfoliating?
- Water – is primarily used as a solvent in the formulation of virtually every type of cosmetic and personal care product, which dissolves many of the ingredients that impart skin benefits such as conditioning and cleansing agents.
- Glyceryl Stearate – is a white or cream-colored wax-like lipid made by reacting glycerin with stearic acid, used as surfactant and emulsifying agent.
- Polyethylene – is a polymer of ethylene monomers that functions as abrasive, binder, film former, emulsion stabilizer, and bulking and viscosity increasing agent.
- Hexylene Glycol – is a small molecular weight surfactant that also works as fragrance ingredient, solvent and viscosity decreasing agent.
- Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate – is produced on the basis of fatty acids derived from coconut oil. It is used as foam booster, and cleansing and skin conditioning agent.
- Disodium Oleamido Mipa-Sulfosuccinate – is a surfactant from disodium salt of a substitute disopropanolamide half ester of sulfosuccinic acid.
- Magnesium Aluminum Silicate – is complex silicate refined from naturally occurring minerals that functions as absorbent, slip modifier and anticaking, opacifying and viscosity increasing agent.
- Salicylic Acid – is also sometimes called a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that can be obtained from the bark of willow trees that works as exfoliant and denaturant.
- Menthol – is an alcohol that can be isolated from peppermint or other mint oils and is used in the formulation of cosmetics and personal care products as denaturant and fragrance ingredient.
- Stearamidoethyl Diethylamine – is an amidoamine that works as emulsifier and antistatic agent.
- Oleamide Mipa – is a mixture of isopropanolamides of oleic acid that functions as foam booster and viscosity increasing agent.
- Trisodium Sulfosuccinate – is a surfactant that also works as buffering and chelating agent.
- Sodium Sulfate – is inorganic salt that acts as bulking and viscosity increasing agent.
- Phenoxyethanol – It is being used as preservative and fragrance ingredient used in cosmetics and personal care products.
- Methylisothiazolinone – is a preservative used in cosmetics and beauty products.
- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) – is an inorganic compound used in a range of body care products as colorant, UV absorber, and opacifying and sunscreen agent.
Directions to use
Massage onto skin the rinse thoroughly. Follow with a customized skin care routine.
Use once daily.
Warning: Do not apply to active breakout.
- Clinique Exfoliating Scrub is a water-based formula that de-flakes, refines and softens fine lines.
- It is a skin-clearing facial wash that is designed for skin types 3 and 4.
- The product is from a known luxury brand and available in most retail stores.
- All Clinique makeup and skin care products are allergy tested and 100% fragrance free.
- Limited information available about the product in manufacturer’s website.
- Clinique Exfoliating Scrub has an expensive price tag.
- The product contains menthol which can be a downside for those who are not a fan.
- Methylisothiazolinone, which is also included in the formula, has been associated with allergic reactions.
Does Clinique Exfoliating Scrub have any side-effects?
There is no report claiming this product has caused any harmful side effect.
Clinique Exfoliating Scrub is a water-based formula that leaves the skin refreshed and moisturized. It is a skin-clearing daily facial wash designed for skin types 3 and 4 that aims to de-flake, refine and soften fine lines.
As this product is from a luxury brand, the price can be expensive for a facial scrub when compared to similar products from other known brands. The menthol contained in the formula could also be a minus for those who are not very fond of mint scents.
Methylisothiazolinone is a listed preservative in Clinique Exfoliating Scrub and it has been associated with allergic reactions. Although individual results vary, it may still be an ingredient to watch out for.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: