Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief?
As per manufacturer claims, Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is a moisturizing cream designed for all skin types, but as it’s in the form of a gel, it’s best suited to those with dry or combination skin, much like Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief can be used before applying makeup, throughout the day as a pick-me-up, or as a 5-minute mask. However there are very few positive customer reviews about the same.
Also the product pricing details is not available on any third party retailers site.
Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief – Does It Really Work?
Manufacturer claims that, Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief’s main active ingredients are Trehalose and Sorbitol, sugar-derived substances that penetrate the skin and help retain moisture. They adapt well to differing levels of humidity and dryness, which is a major feature of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief itself. Hydrolyzed Extensin also acts as a buffer between environmental and heat/moisture changes and the effects they have on the skin, and works to keep the skin hydrated at an optimal level.
What Are The Ingredients In Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief?
- Dimethicone: It is a skin protectant and conditioner, humectant. Forms a protective barrier on skin for extra protection. Acts as an anti-inflammatory. However, it can also increase skin irritation.
- Butylene Glycol: It is used in literally thousands of skin care and personal care products. One of the reasons for such wide adoption is that this chemical is relatively cheap, and because it has such a wide variety of effects on the skin. For example, it’s commonly formulated into moisturizers, acne creams.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Commonly known as green tea extract, this is an antioxidant-packed ingredient that can help protect the skin from the top causes of premature skin aging. It also contains nutrients that help improve the skin’s overall health.
Benefits Of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- Powerful blend of moisturizing agents, botanical extracts and synthetic complexes.
- Can be used as a moisturizer, refresher or mask.
- Formulated to reduce the most common aging signs that appear on skin.
Disadvantages Of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- Very little scientific background information/ingredients list on official site.
- Gel-like formula might be too drying for already dry skin.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- According to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- Claims to be proven but it was not tested by an independent laboratory.
Final Verdict: Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
While Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief does come from a globally-recognized brand, the lack of information on clinical trials is off-putting. The gel formula of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is a novel concept, as many cream-based moisturizers are problematic and pore-clogging (even some that say they’re non-greasy), but it may be too drying for flaky or dry skin. Also the combination of ingredients used are not that powerful & may not be suitable for all skin type.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: