Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer Review: worth a buy?Advertising Disclosure ?
What is Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer?
Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer protects the skin from external irritants, provides adequate hydration, and protects skin from the sun with broad spectrum SPF 20. It costs $48 and comes in two formulas for different skin types.
Table of Contents [Show]
- What is Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer?
- What are the Ingredients in Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer?
- How To Apply Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer
- Benefits of Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer
- Disadvantages of Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer
- Final Verdict : Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer
Clinique allows returns and exchanges on purchases made from its website. Products purchases elsewhere are subject to the retailer’s customer service policies.
What are the Ingredients in Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer?
- Avobenzone (3%): Known as a “chemical” sunscreen. It can convert UV rays and turn them into heat. Effective against UVA rays and is used in other cosmetics to keep their contents from degrading under the sun.
- Octisalate (5%): Protects skin from excess exposure to UV rays. Is a fatty alcohol and effective emollient and resists water.
- Shea Butter: Conditions the skin and imitates the oils produced naturally by the skin. Can soothe sunburnt, itchy skin and is an anti-inflammatory.
- Dimethicone: Can protect and soothe skin on people who have suffered contact dermatitis. Can even decrease redness caused by rosacea and has anti-inflammatory properties that benefit all skin types.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: Emulsifier Ensures cosmetic formulations stay mixed together.
- Butylene Glycol: Used as a product thinner, solvent, and conditions the skin. It’s also a preservative and prevents dehydration in cosmetic products. Resists humidity.
How To Apply Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer
Clean skin and apply in the morning every day after your skincare regimen. Clinique recommends using their Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer at night.
Benefits of Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer
- Available in various retail outlets, as well as online.
- Provides SPF protection.
- Comes in two formulations to accommodate a variety of skin types.
- Backed by a comprehensive return, exchange, and refund policy.
Disadvantages Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer
- Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer is recommended for use with a variety of other Clinique products, which could make customers doubt how the product works on its own.
- Contains the maximum allowed percentage of Octisalate, which causes toxicity when used along with Salicylic Acid.
- At $48, the cost of the product is a bit high for consistent use.
- Amounts of inactive ingredients are not listed.
- SPF 20 may not be enough protection for certain people or weather conditions.
Final Verdict : Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer
Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer is sold and manufactured by a reputable beauty company that specializes in a variety of skin care and beauty products. The moisturizer is backed by a sensible return policy. In addition, the moisturizer only needs to be used once daily and is sold in a variety of reputable beauty supply stores. Still, at $48, the cost of the product is a bit high for consistent use. One would also need to be cautious in using this product since it contains Butylene Glycol which can cause skin rashes and dermatitis. Budget-minded consumers may prefer options known for taking care of their needs with one product.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."