Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer Review: worth a buy?
Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer protects the skin from external irritants, provides adequate hydration, and protects skin from the sun with broad spectrum SPF 20. It costs $48 and comes in two formulas for different skin types. Clinique allows returns and exchanges on purchases made from its website. Products purchases elsewhere are subject to the retailer’s customer service policies.
Clinique Moisturizer Ingredients
- Avobenzone (3%): Known as a “chemical” sunscreen. It can convert UV rays and turn them into heat. Effective against UVA rays and is used in other cosmetics to keep their contents from degrading under the sun.
- Octisalate (5%): Protects skin from excess exposure to UV rays. Is a fatty alcohol and effective emollient and resists water.
- Shea Butter: Conditions the skin and imitates the oils produced naturally by the skin. Can soothe sunburnt, itchy skin and is an anti-inflammatory.
- Dimethicone: Can protect and soothe skin on people who have suffered contact dermatitis. Can even decrease redness caused by rosacea and has anti-inflammatory properties that benefit all skin types.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: Emulsifier. Ensures cosmetic formulations stay mixed together.
- Butylene Glycol: Used as a product thinner, solvent, and conditions the skin. It’s also a preservative and prevents dehydration in cosmetic products. Resists humidity.
Clean skin and apply in the morning every day after your skincare regimen. Clinique recommends using their Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer at night.
Clinique Moisturizer Advantages
- Available in various retail outlets, as well as online.
- Provides SPF protection.
- Comes in two formulations to accommodate a variety of skin types.
- Backed by a comprehensive return, exchange, and refund policy.
Clinique Moisturizer Disadvantages
- Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer is recommended for use with a variety of other Clinique products, which could make customers doubt how the product works on its own.
- Contains the maximum allowed percentage of Octisalate, which causes toxicity when used along with Salicylic Acid.
- At $48, the cost of the product is a bit high for consistent use.
- Amounts of inactive ingredients are not listed.
- SPF 20 may not be enough protection for certain people or weather conditions.
Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer is sold and manufactured by a reputable beauty company that specializes in a variety of skin care and beauty products. The moisturizer is backed by a sensible return policy. In addition, the moisturizer only needs to be used once daily and is sold in a variety of reputable beauty supply stores. Still, at $48, the cost of the product is a bit high for consistent use. One would also need to be cautious in using this product since it contains Butylene Glycol which can cause skin rashes and dermatitis. Budget-minded consumers may prefer options known for taking care of their needs with one product.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: