Clinique Pep-Start HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Clinique Pep Start SPF 20?
As per the manufacturer, Clinique Pep-Start HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20, US $29.50 for 50 ml, is a basic moisturizer infused with sun protection that promises to give you more everyday.
More specifically, this product is formulated to provide the following benefits that promote your overall skin health and beauty:
- Protect your skin from both the burning and cell damaging effects of too much UV exposure.
Enhance your skin’s moisture levels to promote round-the-clock hydration that keeps your skin soft, supple and comfortably moisturized for hours. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- Reinforces and rebuilds your skin’s surface layer to strengthen it and make it more resilient to damage and infection.
Clinique, which forms part of the Estée Lauder Group of Companies, is the personal care industry giant’s response to the growing consumer demand for professionally formulated products made available directly to users, packaged in dainty jars and bottles.
What are the Ingredients in Clinique Pep Start SPF 20?
- Avobenzone (3.0%) and Octisalate (5.0%): Chemical sunscreen actives that block both the deep penetrating UVA rays and sun burning UVB rays that damage your skin superficially and deep within.
- St. Paul’s Wort Extract: Has anti-inflammatory properties that helps relieve your skin from the potentially irritating side effect of the chemical sunscreens in this formula but also from irritation caused by UV damage.
- Caffeine: Improves the moisture and nutrition content of your skin by enhancing fluid and oxygen circulation which helps restore your skin from damage and irritation caused by UV.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Attracts moisture from the surroundings to rest on the surface of your skin, giving your skin the comforting feel of being well hydrated. However it may cause allergic reactions.
- Peptides: Improves communication among your skin cells which speeds up various mechanisms involved in renewing your skin.
How to apply Clinique Pep Start SPF 20
For best results, the manufacturer suggests that
Clinique Pep-Start HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 must be applied at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun.
Benefits of Clinique Pep Start SPF 20
- This product is designed with a non-greasy, lightweight formula. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- This product is multi-functional, providing you with multiple benefits that goes beyond what a basic moisturizer would.
- A Clinique Pep Start SPF 20 review cited that this product goes well under makeup.
Disadvantages of Clinique Pep Start SPF 20
- This product contains very limited varieties of moisturizing and antioxidant ingredients.
- This product uses synthetic sunscreen ingredients that have been shown to be toxic and have the potential for adversely affecting your endocrine functions.
- A Clinique Pep Start SPF 20 review posted by a user who claims to have combination skin cited the sloppy feel this product had on the user’s skin.
Final verdict: Clinique Pep Start HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum
Clinique Pep-Start HydroRush Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 is a great concept combining primarily sun protection and moisturizing functions in a single formulation. A deeper look at what it is made of, however, will leave you unimpressed with the moisturizer side of the equation. You might be better off getting two separate products to replace it. Also, there is no clear mention of any Return policy on the official website.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."