Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25 Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25?
Clinique is the skincare brand that pioneered the creation of other product lines that were being marketed as professionally formulated and tested. The brand is best reputed for devising a skin care categorization system that paved the way for the formulation of products according to skin type thus, there are products now that are either best for oily or dry skin, for instance. Today, the brand is owned and managed by Estée Lauder, one of the biggest names in the global skin care market.
Sheer City Block SPF 25, US $25 for 1.4 fl. oz., is a broad spectrum UVA/UVB physical sunscreen with a sheer formula that commits to protect your skin daily from UV rays that damage and age your skin.
Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25- Does it really work?
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Create a shield that effectively protects your skin from UVA and UVB rays, the top causes of skin damage and aging
- Provide safe sun protection with a formula that excludes toxic chemical sunscreens, and includes only physical, mineral sunscreens
- Give you a sunscreen that you can practicably wear under your daily day time makeup without the risk of affecting your skin tone and other pigmensts
- Improve your skin tone and promote overall clearer and brighter complexion, including by relieving your skin from inflammation
- Dramatically boost your skin’s moisture content and help restore your skin’s naturally effective hydration mechanisms to keep your skin well-moisturized round-the-clock
This product works by creating an additional physical barrier made of mineral ingredients that blocks the sun and prevents it from reaching your skin’s surface.
What are the ingredients in Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25?
- Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%): Mineral sunscreen actives that provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 25 sun protection
- Antioxidants: Including more stable derivatives of Vitamin C and Vitamin E, help neutralize free radicals
- Sodium Hyaluronate: This is used as eyelash enhancers. It keeps keep lashes moisturized through the complete growth cycle. However, it may cause itching or skin irritation.
- Caprylyl glycol: A humectant and skin conditioning agent that lends moisturization, emollience and wetting properties to many cosmetic solutions. It also function as a stabilizer and has been shown to increase the antimicrobial activity of other preservatives. However it may cause skin irritation.
Benefits of Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25
- This product has a gentle formula which makes it safe to use on the delicate skin around your eyes.
- This is formulated without parabens, chemicals that can cause multiple organ failures due to irregularities in hormones which switch on and off many of your body mechanisms.
- This product helps absorb excess grease to keep your complexion looking mattified
- This oil-free formula can be a great moisturizer + sunscreen product most especially for people with excessively oily and acne-prone skin.
Disadvantages of Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25
- This may leave your skin with a white streak and affect/change the shade of your foundation which does not make it ideal for use together with your daily makeup.
- Many Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25 reviews find this product very thick in consistency most especially those made with chemical sunscreen actives
Does Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25 have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for reproductive health related problems due to EDTA
- Increased risk for hormone-related dysfunctions due to BHT
How to apply Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25
Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25 must be applied on top of your moisturizer or, you can just use this product without if you don’t have dry to very dry skin type, that is. Apply at least 15 minutes before walking out into the open.
Final Verdict: Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25
Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25 has its great points, most especially when you are wearing this product all on its own. However, one trouble is when this is layered with your makeup. As with other physical sunscreens, it will leave a white cast across your skin but, you can be guaranteed that your are getting safer ingredients. Which benefit you will have, you must decide because in skincare, you hardly can have it all.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: