Coconut Oil For Eyelashes: 6 Recipes For Longer And Thicker Lashes
It’s been tried and tested. For many centuries, women in the tropics where coconuts grow in abundance have used coconut oil for their hair, among its many other personal care, culinary, and household uses. Its rich consistency and fatty acid content supports stronger hair growth while simultaneously working to prevent damage.
The benefits of coconut oil for eyelashes
How can coconut oil help grow your eyelashes? It delivers the same composition and mechanisms that lock in significantly higher amounts of moisture plus, it gives you key nutrients which hair on your eyelashes need to grow back faster, stronger and longer.
More specifically, adding coconut oil to your eyelash care routine gives you the following benefits:
- It helps keep each of your eyelash strands well-moisturized for longer.
- It strengthens your lash strands so these do not fall out sooner than they should.
- It promotes more vibrant lash color, naturally making your strands appear thicker.
- It helps prevent damage by coating each strand with a protective layer.
- It enhances follicle health by delivering nutrients that help prevent excessive and frequent fall outs.
- It helps speed up the rate of hair development and re-growth.
- It clears your eyelashes from tough product residues following a full-face makeup that includes a mascara, falsies or, eyelash extensions.
Why coconut oil?
Coconut tree is known for its countless uses. From the roots, to the bark, all the way to its husks, the coconut tree, indeed is a versatile living thing. Coconut oil delivers many benefits to your health and well-being whether it is ingested or, topically applied. Listed below are just a number of reasons why coconut oil deserves a spot in your eyelash care routine:
- Coconut oil contains a rich combination of saturated fats, such as lauric acid, as well as unsaturated fats that includes those that are well-known to benefit your cells, including your skin cells well. That includes oleic, linoleic, and linolenic acids.
- It delivers a rich concentration of Vitamin E to help keep your eyelashes well-moisturized as it also works on helping damaged follicles recover from damage.
- It has multiple medicinal properties that includes antimicrobial, antifungal, and antioxidant properties, all of which help treat existing lash and skin conditions that may be causing your strands to fall out faster, as well as help prevent future damage by strengthening each strand.
- It can easily penetrate your skin while also improving the permeability of your skin, allowing it to deliver a much-needed moisture boost way down in your skin.
How to use coconut oil for your eyelashes
If you love wearing your cosmetics then, chances are, your eyelashes have been taking a lot of beating, particularly if you’ve been using synthetic and highly toxic commercial solutions to treat, color and volumize your eyelashes. If only for that reason, you do need a powerful ally, in the form of coconut oil, to help you neutralize the damages caused by chemicals in your beauty stash.
Below are at least 5 recipes for you to DIY at home and use to revive the vitality of your eyelashes:
1. Coconut Oil Eye Makeup Remover. If you wear makeup regularly, this is one way to help you better take care of your eyelashes as well as your skin. Coconut oil glides on your skin and easily picks up product residues — no need to rub and wrinkle your skin while doing so.
Ingredients: Coconut oil and cotton pads.
Methods: Shake the bottle well to improve oil consistency. Take a cotton pad and slightly wet with coconut oil. Glide the wet pad lightly over your face. Watch how amazingly quick it is to to take off even your most stubborn eye makeup and longest-staying mascara.
2. Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) as an overnight recovery lash serum. When you’ve been noticing lash discoloration or, excessive lash fallouts, you should try VCO and make it part of your nightly beauty routine. You can use a clean spool brush to more effectively coat each strand from the roots, all the way to the tips. That’s not all! A study published in the Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society in 2009 found that VCO contains more phenols, antioxidants than ordinary coconut oil.
Ingredients: VCO, clear spooley brush
Methods: Apply the product using a clean spooley. Make sure that your eye area and eyelashes have been cleansed and cleared of other impurities before using.
3. Coconut Oil Overnight Conditioner. Coconut oil helps prevent hair loss due to dropping protein levels. When excessive hair fallouts are causing your eyelashes to appear significantly thinner than normal, you can use this recipe to jumpstart lash recovery.
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Vitamin E capsule and a clean spooly brush
Methods: First, empty Vitamin E from your capsule into a bowl. Second, mix in one part each of coconut oil and olive oil. Stir and blend the ingredients well. Use your spooly brush to apply the solution to coat each of your lash strands.
4. Coconut Oil as a carrier oil. Use coconut oil as a carrier oil to lessen the potency of essential oils. Use this recipe to help keep your eyelashes well moisturized day and night.
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Lavender Oil and Rosemary Extract
Methods: Combine all of the ingredients together. Add two to three parts each of coconut oil for every volume of the other ingredients in the mixture. Use under makeup during the day and under your thicker creams at night.
5. DIY Coconut Oil Eyelash Serum. This is one way to get your lashes off of the toxins.
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Grape Seed Oil, and Vitamin E capsules
Methods: Simply combine all ingredients. Blend well. Apply over freshly cleansed and toned lashes. Make sure to apply on your lash line too.
Conclusion: What Are Other Beauty Uses For Coconut Oil?
Is Coconut Oil Good For Eyelash Extensions? No. It will damage the texture of your extensions. It can also weaken the glue that attaches these to your natural lash strands. Still, you will be pleased to know that there’s more to coconut oil that’s good for your hair and skin as well. Used topically, coconut oil promotes better hydration, protects from drying, and enhances your skin’s and hair’s overall health and beauty.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day