Coppertone Clearly Sheer Faces Review: Is It Really Effective?
Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 Introduction
Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50, US $20.73 for a 2 fl. oz. b0ttle, is a high potency sunscreen that gives you a high SPF 50 protection for preventing sunburn while also providing you with UVA protection.
What Does Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product is capable of delivering the following benefits:
- Helps prevent sunburn
- Protects your skin from sun damage and signs of skin aging
- Decreases your risk for contracting skin cancer
- Improve your sun care strategy when used to complement other sun protection measures
Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 Manufacturer’s Detail
Coppertone is a sunscreen brand that traces its history back to the 1940s. Since then, it fell under the management of three of the biggest pharmaceuticals, namely Schering-Plough, Merck & Co., and, presently, Bayer. It is a well-recognized global brand when it comes to sun care products.
Working of Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50
This product works by delivering a combination of chemical UVA and UVB filters that shield your skin from harmful UV. Combined with powerful antioxidants and moisture-enhancing ingredients, your skin becomes better protected and better able to withstand UV and other environmental causes of skin damage and aging, most especially, better protection from skin cancers.
Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 Ingredients
- Avobenzone (3.o%), Homosalate (10.0%), Octisalate (4.55%), Octocrylene (9.0%), and Oxybenzone (5.0%): Chemical sunscreen agents that protect your skin from the aging and damaging effects of UVA and UVB rays
- Galactoarabinan: Botanically-derived, this ingredient is touted as one of the newest powerhouse ingredients when it comes to skincare, and has been demonstrated many times to dramatically help restore skin moisture and hydration functions
- Vitamin C: Provides powerful antioxidant protection function, neutralizing free radicals, including those emanating from environmental causes of skin damage and aging, such as pollution
- Vitamin E: Boosts the benefits rendered by Vitamin C in protecting your skin, while simultaneously delivering a significant volume of moisturizers to relieve your skin from dryness and also help your skin better cope with damage with a strengthened protective layer that develops with regular product application
- Beeswax: Provides your skin with the surface conditioning and deep moisturizing effect it needs to stay supple and dewy, and less prone to damage
Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 Pros
- This product contains 2 of the most powerful antioxidants, Vitamins C and E, which makes this product highly protective against environmental stressors, including free radicals
- The formula is long lasting and takes up to 2 hours in-between reapplication.
Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 Cons
- This product contains fragrance ingredients, one of the top allergens, which makes this product not suitable for use on people with sensitive skin
- Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 reviews are severely limited, offering no way to gauge user sentiment about this product’s performance.
Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients
- Increased risk for clogged pores, skin infections, and breakouts due to silicones
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to chlorphenesin and triethanolamine
- Increased risk for reproductive health related dysfunctions due to EDTA
Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 must be applied generously on your skin at least 15 minutes before stepping outdoors, and reapplied every 2 hours after or, after 80 minutes of swimming, when you sweat profusely or, after towel drying.
Coppertone ClearlySheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF50 contains a basic combination of sun protection ingredients while offering a high SPF value sunscreen. If you want to go beyond basic, however, this sunscreen simply does not function any more than that.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."