CosMedix Clarity Acne Serum Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is CosMedix Clarity Acne Serum?
The topical acne treatment being reviewed is, Clarity Acne Serum treatment, by CosMedix The product according to the manufacturer the product exfoliates pore-clogging skin cells, prevents breakouts, reduces oiliness, and reduces inflammation and dries breakouts quickly without irritation.
Clarity Acne Serum, by CosMedix was formulated to be used on all skin types; normal, oily, dry, and combination. CosMedix, hosts a complete skincare line that features the following products; Skin Nutrition, Correct and Stimulate, Correct and Repair, Correct and Protect, Correct Peels, and Body Revolution.
The product can be purchased from online retailers like, Dermstore.com, Naturallyyours.com, and YuVadermstore.com. All said retailers sell the product for $32.00. The product can not be purchased from the manufacturer’s website. The absence of a money back guarantee is disappointing and a reflection of the product’s integrity.
CosMedix Clarity Acne Serum– Does It Really Work?
The active ingredients in Cosmedix Clarity Acne Serum is Salicylic acid and Retinol A.
Salicylic acid, is an ingredient used in many over-the-counter acne medications. In addition to treating acne, Salicylic acid is also used to treat other skin disorders including dandruff, psoriasis, calluses, corns, warts, and more. Acne is formed when skin cells inside hair follicles shed too fast and clump together, plugging up the follicle and causing a pimple. Salicylic acid helps slow down shedding of the cells inside the follicles, preventing clogging. Unless your doctor advises you otherwise, people should avoid the other over the counter medications I list: sulfur, resorcinol, or benzoyl peroxide, while using salicylic acid, as it may be overly irritating
Retinol is a form of vitamin A, that is known to stabilize antioxidants, which are effective in preventing further environmental damage to the skin caused by free radicals. It is difficult to get just the right amount of vitamin A in a retinol formula; too much and the product becomes an irritant to skin. If the concentration is too little there will be no visible effects.
The manufacturer neglects to provide the consumer adequate information about the key ingredients and how they work. This omission of information makes the products integrity questionable. Instead of taking the time to explain the properties of the key ingredient’s the manufacturer just states vague benefits. As a consumer I am curious to learn why these ingredients work. There is no information provided that merits the products effectiveness versus that of it’s competition.
Two similar products available to consumers that are comparable to the product are; Tri Clear Acne Solutions, and Sensiclear. Tri Clear Acne Solutions website offers the consumer a free two month trial plus the cost of shipping, the company then places an automatic bill on the credit card the consumers shipping and handling was paid with. Sensiclear is priced at $30.00 plus the cost of shipping and handling.
What Are The Ingredients In CosMedix Clarity Acne Serum?
- Salicylic Acid: These ingredients work together to clear away pore-clogging impurities. However it may cause redness of the skin.
- Retinol: This ingredients helps reducing wrinkles and preventing fine lines, speed cell turnover.
- Aloe Vera: It reduce skin inflammation. Additionally, in Ayurvedic medicine, Aloe is used to effectively heal chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema.
- Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
Benefits Of CosMedix Clarity Acne Serum
- The product contains salicylic acid a commonly used ingredient in over the counter topical acne treatments. Although it can cause skin irritation.
- The product uses Retinol, an element know to be effective in a skincare regime.
Disadvantages Of CosMedix Clarity Acne Serum
- The product is expensive.
- The product contains the same concentration of salicylic acid as less expensive drug store brands.
- The product has a unpleasant smell.
- This product may cause skin breakouts.
Final Verdict : CosMedix Clarity Acne Serum
In conclusion, the product’s website leaves potential consumers with very little information to justify a purchase. While the product is modestly priced, the manufacturers neglect to provide is a turn off. Although the product comes with a money back guarantee, purchasing the product with this amount of information would be a gamble.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: