Cosmedix Rescue Healing Balm And Mask Review: Is It Safe To Use?
Cosmedix Rescue Healing Balm and Mask Description
Cosmedix Rescue Healing Balm and Mask is a repairing and restoring face balm designed to heal and moisturize dry, chapped, inflamed, and cracked skin, especially after using a skin resurfacing treatment. Cosmedix is a skincare brand that seeks to replace harsh chemicals with botanical ingredients in all of their formulas. This product can be purchased for $59 on the manufacturer’s site and through online retailers like DermStore. Cosmedix provides a money-back guarantee, but it is very short.
Cosmedix Rescue Healing Balm and Mask Ingredients
Below is the key ingredient list. The full ingredient list can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
- Sodium Cocoyl Alaninate: An amino acid surfactant that cleanses and conditions the skin to encourage new cell turnover
- Shea Butter: A hydrating plant extract that moisturizes and protects the skin—softening, filling in cracks, and soothing irritation
- Argan Oil: Natural hydrator that reduces inflammation, heals acne, and reduces the appearance of scars and blemishes
- Resveratrol: Compound sourced from red wine that has antioxidant properties, restoring the skin’s protective barrier
Cosmedix Rescue Healing Balm and Mask can be used as a mask or a balm. Use as a mask at night, leaving it on for a few minutes or overnight before rinsing, and use as a balm in the first step of your beauty routine in the morning.
Cosmedix Rescue Healing Balm and Mask Advantages
- Moisturize skin to relieve dryness and cracking
- Botanical ingredients soothe irritation and heal the skin surface
- Protect skin against free radicals to prevent further damage
- Money-back guarantee available
Cosmedix Rescue Healing Balm and Mask Disadvantages
- No documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied
- While the company provides the ingredient list, it does not provide the ingredient amounts
- The company’s site is a bit misleading
- Money-back guarantee is only 14 days
Cosmedix Rescue Healing Balm and Mask is designed to provide relief and healing to dried-out and damaged skin. The company claims it is ideal for those who have recently used a harsh resurfacing treatment. It also contains protective antioxidants that heal skin and guard it from future damage. While the company is forthcoming with the ingredient list, no study results or documentation proving this ingredient’s effectiveness is readily supplied. This, combined with the fact that it doesn’t contain many of the usual moisturizing ingredients like hyaluronic acid, makes it very hard to confirm the effectiveness and strength of this product. The ingredients it does contain, though, are known to provide at least some level of hydration. However, the official website says one of the benefits is reducing acne breakouts thanks to salicylic acid in the formula, but that ingredient is not listed in their official ingredient list. The manufacturer does have a money-back guarantee, but it is very short at only 14 days. This may not be sufficient time to accurately test the product. There are many moisturizing balms and masks available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: