Cosmelan Reviews:Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is Cosmelan?
As mentioned by manufacturer, Cosmelan is a two-part skin lightening system made by Mesoestetic USA Laboratories. It is used to treat hyperpigmentation caused by melasma, sun exposure, PIH, and chloasma.
Cosmelan can treat many types of hyper pigmentation by halting the production of melanin. According to a skin care clinic offering Cosmelan treatment, the product accomplishes this by blocking the enzyme tyrosinase, an essential building block in the production of melanin.
While the Cosmelan maintenance cream (Cosmelan 2) is applied at home, the initial treatment (Cosmelan 1) is a mask that is for professional use only. Locations offering this treatment state that flaking and reddening will occur over the three to four days following application. The cost of the Cosmelan system is not provided on the manufacturer’s site. According to one source, however, spas offering this treatment often charge between $500 and $1000.
What are the Ingredients in Cosmelan?
- Azeliaic Acid: This ingredient gets rid of bacteria on the skin and promotes cell turnover.
- Kojic Acid: This ingredient is intended to reduce the production of melanin in the skin, keeping it light and bright. However it may cause irritation or itchiness on skin.
How To Apply Cosmelan
- First, a degreasing agent made of water and acetone is applied to the skin to remove excess oil.
- The Cosmelan mask is applied. The patient is then sent home with a list of removal instructions. This mask may be worn for up to 8 hours.
- The mask is then gently removed with a dermatologist-recommended cleanser, and then Cosmelan 2 is applied to the face. This prevents hyper pigmentation from returning.
- Cosmelan 2 may be applied 2-3 times per day, as prescribed by the specific dermatologist.
Benefits of Cosmelan
- Treats many types of hyperpigmentation but may cause itchiness on skin.
- Highly effective.
- Manufacturer with experience producing skin care products.
Disadvantages of Cosmelan
- Flaking and reddening may occur.
- The process is rather time consuming.
- Cosmelan 1 not available for purchase by the public.
- performed in a dermatologist’s office.
- Unknown cost.
Final Verdict : Cosmelan
Cosmelan is a high-end product that appears to be capable of delivering remarkable results. There are many promising skin brightening products available today that can be used to make skin appear brighter and more youthful. In order to return a purchase, you must contact customer service. It is unclear if you will receive your money back for a returned order.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.