Creams for Puffy Eyes – Tips for Choosing Best Creams for Puffy Eyes
Eye creams for puffy eyes and wrinkles can be used even before aging begins to help keep the area around the eyes looking young and make you look well-rested and healthy. The cream for puffy eyes may also help reduce the appearance of dark circles, as these sometimes accompany eye bags caused by aging. Puffy eyes may also be due to other causes as well, such as heredity, allergies and certain medical conditions. There are so many creams for puffy eyes that the choice between them may be difficult, especially if you are not sure what to look for in an under-eye cream.
One common, proven ingredient in many creams for puffy eyes is retinol. This ingredient is derived from vitamin A and helps by under-eye bags by increasing cell turnover, which makes the delicate under eye skin healthier, reducing the appearance of puffiness. Other common ingredients that work well are vitamin K, Eyeliss and Hylexin. All three are proven to work when used in creams for puffy eyes to not only combat the bags, but also dark circles that may appear as well. Using creams for puffy eyes regularly can help you keep under-eye woes under control and improve your appearance.
Sometimes creams for puffy eyes do not work well. For example, gels for puffy eyes are best for those under-eye bags caused by fluid retention. This is true because creams for puffy eyes provide too much moisture to an area that does not need more fluid. Gels dry quicker and do add in extra moisture to the area, so it makes the bags caused by fluid retention less noticeable. However, if the under-eye is dry and has bags caused by aging, creams for puffy eyes can help hydrate the dry area and help reduce eye bags over time.
If you are having a difficult time choosing between puffy eyes, then try reading some customer testimonials about the creams for puffy eyes that interest you. You can find out if the product worked as it claims and whether the customer experienced any irritation with the use of the creams for puffy eyes. Make sure to read many reviews for creams for puffy eyes to get a broad range of opinions, as this will help you make an informed decision. One thing to keep in mind when looking for the best creams for puffy eyes is that there is no miracle cream, but there are effective products out there.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.