Purchasing an eye cream is a fairly committed decision, since each container of these products tends to last for a fairly substantial period of time. Therefore, eye creams must be evaluated on their ability to deliver a number of desired results. For example, in addition to being affordable, an ideal eye cream must be able to reduce the depth, length, and surface area of wrinkles, crow's feet, and other fine lines. At the same time, an eye cream should also offer relief from puffiness and dark under-eye circles, helping individuals appear refreshed and well rested on a daily basis. Finally, an eye cream should also contain quality ingredients that provide much needed nourishment in the form of hydration to skin cells; such hydration can help delay the onset of wrinkles in the first place. Below, we've evaluated the ability of several of the top eye cream products to deliver these important benefits.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.