Curology Personalized Skin Treatments Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is Curology Personalized?
As per the manufacturer, Curology Personalized Skin Treatments, brings you dermatologist-formulated treatment customized for your skin type to address your most difficult and very specific skin challenges. Here’s how it works:
- You are required to create a personal account online at: https://curology.com.
- Once you’re done signing up, you will be asked to fill out a form where you provide information about your skin type, the medications you’ve taken or are still taking, and other information about you that may be used to help your online dermatologist prescribe a suitable treatment regimen for you.
- Once done, the company ships your custom medication to your doorstep.
- In case you have further inquiries to make or concerns, you can ping your assigned provider and upload a photo of your skin anytime and they will respond — no need to schedule appointments and no need to travel to a doctor’s clinic.
Curology is a company founded and run by dermatologists, Dr. David Lortscher and Dr. Nancy Satur, committed to help people with acne-challenged skin have better access to dermatologists by offering their services online. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
What are the Ingredients in Curology Personalized?
Curology discloses that most customized acne treatments they create are formulated with the following ingredients or any combination thereof:
- Azelaic Acid: treats swelling and inflammation, and has antibacterial properties.
- Clindamycin: an antibiotic that rids skin of acne-causing bacteria.
- Niacinamide: improves skin cell metabolism to facilitate faster renewal.
- Tretinoin: unclogs and purifies pores.
- Zinc Pyrithione: fights antiobiotic resistant bacteria.
- Vitamin C: helps restore skin cell vitality to speed up renewal. However it causes Redness and warm feeling of the skin, or flushing.
How to apply Curology Personalized
For best results, the manufacturer suggests to-
- Use Curology Personalized Skin Treatments as per the advise of your skin health professional.
- If you have any questions about directions for use or, how you can use your customized product together with your skin care regimen, just ask the doctor assigned to you by writing an online message.
Benefits of Curology Personalized
- All customized Curology products are made with prescription-strength formulation designed to kill acne but not suffer your skin health.
- Curology acne formulations may be infused with anti-aging ingredients too, depending on the customized formula that you and your doctor will help determine is right for you.
- Company offers much better alternative to the one-size, fits-all approach taken by most acne treatment products.
Disadvantages of Curology Personalized
- The online consultation may be limiting the diagnosis of acne, most especially risky when treating more severe forms of acne that may require a clinical visit for better diagnosis and treatment.
- It is hard to ascertain safety of formulation, given that each bottle is customized accordingly with the person who will be using it.
- Products are not easily accessible elsewhere online, and neither in boutiques.
Final verdict: Curology Personalized
Curology Personalized Skin Treatments is a promising break away from the usual acne medications that treats every skin type and every acne to be the same. However know your skin concerns first and the novelty of the method may have to be tested mean time. Also, this product do not offers money back guarantee. Still, if you’re willing to take risks, it could be worth a try.
Currently the health and beauty industry offers a wide variety of acne treatments. While it is important to choose a product that is formulated to function best with an individual’s particular skin type, it is also crucial to consider several other factors before purchasing anti-acne products. More specifically, the best acne treatments should be able to penetrate deeply into skin. At the same time, a quality acne treatment will also contain ingredients that can minimize the appearance of skin’s pores, clear up any facial blemishes, and actually remove dead skin cells as well as black and whiteheads. Below are some of our most effective acne treatment products on the market today; each product is evaluated on how well it matches up with the previously explained requirements for a quality acne treatment.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Acne Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."