Dark Bags Under Eyes – What Causes it and How to Treat It
If you could get rid of your dark bags under eyes, would you feel better about your appearance? Many people agree with you if you answered yes. Unsightly features like wrinkles, shadows, puffiness, and dark bags under eyes are common complaints of men and women today. The good news is that there are a number of creams available for you to choose the ideal one to rid you of your dark bags under eyes. The bad news is that making the right selection can be a daunting task. Before you choose a remedy for the dark bags under eyes, do you know what causes these to appear?
If you are like many people, you have asked yourself one of the following questions: If I get enough sleep, why do I have dark bags under eyes? Age is a big factor for dark bags under eyes, but since I am in my teens, why do I still suffer from this condition? I do not smoke or drink excessive amounts of alcohol or caffeine, so why do I have dark bags under eyes?
To help answer the first question, think about how restful your sleep is and how much relaxation you get during the day. If you are like most people, your dark bags under eyes could be caused by restless nights or cram-packed days that do not allow for proper rest. The second question about why you have dark bags under eyes can be answered by bringing up the concept of heredity. Ask your parents if they had dark bags under eyes at a young age. If they did, this could be the solitary cause for your current condition of dark bags under eyes. While drinking and smoking may not be part of your lifestyle, think about other things that can cause dark bags under eyes. Too much sun exposure, a poor diet, and dehydration are all factors that lead to the development of dark bags under eyes, even at a young age.
Before you buy cream to treat your dark bags under eyes, talk with your doctor to ensure that your condition is not caused by a medical problem. Once this possibility is eliminated, you can use quality cream to help you get rid of dark bags under eyes. However, along with the cream, you should also make any necessary lifestyle changes to help get rid of dark bags under eyes.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.