Dark Circles Around the Eyes- Four Causes and What You Can Do
Dark circles around the eyes are not attractive to anyone. Some people are born with them, some develop them during childhood, and others don’t have any issues until their adult life, when they attribute the circles to a lack of sleep and too much stress. The reality is that there are many causes of dark circles around the eyes, including stress and a lack of sleep, and you can benefit from understanding how dark circles around the eyes get started.
Here are four causes of eye circles for you to think about :
Genetics can cause eye circles, believe it or not. Many people don’t realize that they are very likely to have a genetic predisposition to dark circles around the eyes This can happen, and getting rid of them may never be an option for some people.
Iron-deficient anemia is another cause of dark circles around the eyes. People who lack the proper amount of iron will find that they have dark circles that might never go away. Taking vitamins and iron supplements can help dark circles and overall health, as well.
Diet can affect and create dark circles around the eyes. If you eat too much sugar, or consume too much alcohol or caffeine you will probably experience dark circles under the eyes. In this situation, the best way to solve your problem is to change your diet first, and then consider treatment creams and other products later.
Finally, stress can cause poor health, which can lead to dark circles around the eyes. There are too many health issues that can be caused by stress, so you always need to be careful of how much stress you have in your life so that you don’t get sick. If you want to get rid of under eye circles caused by stress, try eliminating stress or check out the treatment products that cater to dark circles around eyes.
These are the four most common causes of dark circles around the eyes, and every single one has a different type of treatment that will be more effective. Everyone will experience a different result, and it is up to you to take the time to figure out what works best for you. There is no limit to the different types of treatments that you can find for dark circles around the eyes, so make sure that you take advantage of the selection and find the products or solutions that best suit your needs.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.