I woke up one day and found dark circles under my eyes. Where did those things come from? They weren’t there yesterday that I remember. How is it you have no circles one day and then they appear the next? What had caused the dark circles under my eyes? It might have been the short night of sleep. Friends over at the house kept me up later than usual, but I still had to get up and go to work. That is the last time I agree to host my friends on a Monday night so their husbands could watch football. Especially if my reward is dark circles under my eyes.
Then again, it might be that the dark circles under my eyes came from my grandmother. She always had a tired look about her eyes. And, now that I think about it, Mom looked a bit peaked last week when I went over for dinner. I guess I get it from Mom and Grandma. But it doesn’t make it any easier to swallow the fact I have dark circles under my eyes. They make me look tired and old. And I am not that old to begin with! Now, what can I do about these dark circles under my eyes? I know, I will call Mom and see what she says.
Mom says teabags will work. Apparently, they have some kind of chemical compound in them that helps reduce swelling. She also says put them in the refrigerator after you soak them a few minutes. The cold also helps bring down the swelling. Put them in the fridge and then let them sit out on the eyelids for a bit. She claims it works miracles. It sounds a bit weird, if you ask me. But, I will try anything to get rid of these dark circles under my eyes. It’s a good excuse to chill out for a half an hour or so.
Well, the teabags did work. The dark circles under my eyes look a lot less scary now. But, Mom did warn me. Those teabags don’t work for very long. Apparently, they last no more than five or six hours if you are lucky. But, that is great if I am going out on a date. But, it won’t get me through a day’s work. And I have a feeling it won’t be the last time I see dark circles under my eyes. Mom said Grandma looks worse every year she ages. Of course, Mom says Grandma is looking older. I guess getting dark circles under my eyes is inevitable. But, I want a better solution to this issue.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."