3 Best Ways for Eliminating Dark Lines Completely
Did you ever wonder how you eliminate those dark lines under eyes? Those lines seem to appear overnight and become more glaring every time you examine them in the mirror. Of course, part of that is the fact that you stare at them too long. But, dark lines under eyes do become very noticeable if you are already tired or have not been feeling well. So, how do you get rid of them? Outside of massive plastic surgery and injections, there are a few practical ways to make dark lines under eyes disappear. Here are some of the more popular ones.
Stop salting all of your food before you taste it. Salt leads to water retention. Excessive salt makes water retention all the worse. Water retention makes dark lines under eyes appear worse than ever before. Salt does its damage in another way besides the water retention. It pulls water from the skin. This makes the skin much thinner and more translucent. That helps those dark lines under eyes appear deeper and darker. So, you get a double whammy every time you shake that saltshaker too much. If you have a problem with dark lines under eyes, keep your salt intake to a minimum.
Stop rubbing your eyes. Every time you tug and pull at the tissues around your eyes, those dark lines under eyes will get worse. If you are taking other steps to eliminate them, every time you rub the eyes you are undoing all of the good work you have done already. Keep the fingers away from your eyes. That will help stop further dark lines under eyes from developing. It will also help other remedies work better. If you have allergy eyes, use medications to keep the itching down to a minimum. Consider eye drops as well.
Stop staying up all night. Sleep is your best friend in the fight against dark lines under eyes. The more that you stare at a computer or television, the less rest your eyes get. Sleep helps rejuvenate the body and the eyes. People who do not get enough sleep have paler skin the next day. That can make those dark lines under eyes appear darker and deeper. Sleep is essential for keeping those dark lines under eyes at bay. These practical steps are the first ones to take when fighting those lines that mark we are getting a bit older.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.