Dark Rings Around Eyes – Getting Rid of Raccoon Eyes the Natural Way First
Many people equate having dark rings around eyes as raccoon eyes. And some people feel they resemble that common North American mammal. The solutions for these dark rings around eyes begin with the simplest first. It is important to try the simple before you work your way to the complex and potentially dangerous. Many eye creams are perfectly safe. But, when you go to injections and cosmetic procedures, it can be a bit much. Look at these homemade solutions for dark rings around eyes before you book your cosmetic surgeon appointment.
Water is the simplest solution. Getting your body properly hydrated is the first step in getting those dark rings around eyes to disappear. Proper water intake calculates in two ways. The first is drinking eight, eight-ounce glasses of water daily. That equates to 64 total fluid ounces to deal with dark rings around eyes. The other way is taking your body weight and splitting it in two. Then, you need to ingest that amount of total fluid ounces of water to hydrate properly. For a 150-pound person, they would need to drink 75 fluid ounces of water. Either solution helps with dark rings around eyes.
What else should you consider for those dark rings around eyes? Rose water is one solution. Many women swear by the effects of rose water when it comes to diminishing the look of those dark rings around eyes. Soak two cool cotton balls in 6 drops of rose water each. Then lay back and put the cotton balls on your closed eyes for 15 to 20 minutes. This improves the appearance of those dark rings around eyes by all accounts of the adherents. If nothing else, you are closing your eyes for time and you will fill better because of it.
Honey and almond oil is another home remedy for dark rings around eyes. The honey is a natural anti-bacterial. The almond oil is a natural exfoliant. Together, they work to remove dead skin cells and provide protection for the newly emerged cells. Those that swear by this remedy for dark rings around eyes say you will see improvement within a few days. Take equal parts of each ingredient and dab it round your eyes. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes before removing gently. You will find these homemade remedies for dark rings around eyes work very well form some people. They also are a good thing to try before you sit down for fat grafts.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."