Dark Rings Under Eyes – Thicken Your Skin and Protect Your Eyes
If you get dark rings under eyes every once in awhile, you are the lucky one. Some people must deal with dark rings under eyes all the time. Every day, when they look in the mirror, those rings stare right back out at them. For most of these people, genetics are part of the equation. Some families tend to have a higher chance of developing dark rings under eyes than other families do. If your parents have them, you will likely get them as well. If you come from a family with darker skin, you have a higher chance of developing dark rings under eyes as well. But, how do you deal with this reality?
Those dark rings under eyes come from blood cells escaping from the capillaries under the skin. It is actually very natural and part of how your body works. For people that have especially thin skin under their eyes, the dark rings under eyes can appear worse than for others. As the blood cells escape, the body begins breaking them down so the body can absorb them again. However, this process leaves fragments of the blood cells. These fragments can clump up under the skin and make the dark rings under eyes appear worse.
The first step in dealing with dark rings under eyes is to get the thin skin under the eyes thicker. You can do this by drinking water. Dried out skin is thinner. When you drink water, the water distributes throughout the body and helps hydrate the skin tissue. Another way to thicken that skin is with collagen production. There are special ingredients in some eye creams that help stimulate collagen production. That helps diminish those dark rings under eyes. One should look for Eye Cream with proprietary ingredient that consists of peptides designed to speed up skin cell renewal and turnover so that the damaged skin layer is eliminated . You can refer Baebody Eye Gel Ingredients for more information.
The other step to deal with the dark rings under eyes is to avoid more damage to the skin under the eye. Use an eye cream that has SPF built in to minimize the amount of sun damage. Wear sunglasses all year round when you are outside. This can minimize sun damage and keep you from squinting too much. Wear a brimmed hat as well for the same reasons. Stop smoking. Stop hanging around with people who smoke in your presence. Smoke does immense damage to your facial skin. Taking that step alone will go a long way in diminishing those dark rings under eyes. All of these are ways to get rid of that tired aged look you want to avoid.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.