Genetic Dark Circles Under Eyes – Banish Dark Skin Under The Eyes
If you are dealing with dark skin under eyes, you may be asking what caused it. There are two ways of answer that. The first way is the technical explanation. Dark skin under eyes comes from leaking blood cells that escape from the tiny capillaries that flow close to the skin’s surface. In an area as thin as the skin under the eye, the color of those escaped cells is more visible. That is the technical reason for why dark skin under eyes appears in the first place. However, many people want to know why that dark skin under eyes is so prominent in their case or in the case of their family.
Genetics is one answer. Many families have a higher chance of dark skin under eyes appearing than others do. They often have similar skin thickness around the eyes. That is very true for those of African, Mediterranean, or Indian descent. They also may have similar blood vessel health due to diet similarities. Both of those factors play into the dark skin under eyes that appears common to families. Genetics however do not have the final say in whether that dark skin under eyes appears on each person or not.
Genetics is the basis for dark skin under eyes. But, lifestyle choices often play a significant role in how prominent it shows on each individual’s face. Dehydration is a significant factor for many people. Lacking proper moisture often thins the skin all over the body. In the already thin area under the eyes, the effects are often very visible. Thin skin really shows the dark skin under eyes prominently. Another lifestyle choice that makes a difference is nutrition. If your diet is not balanced, the body’s nutritional balance is off. That can lead to prominent dark skin under eyes.
Making choices to drink enough water and to eat a proper diet will make a difference to the dark skin under eyes that appear on each person’s face. Exercise also plays a role. The human body moves toxins out with the help of an active body. If the body is not active, the dark skin under eyes shows this. Getting proper exercise will help move the toxins out efficiently. It also helps the skin remain supple and thicker than the skin of someone who does not exercise properly. Water, diet, and exercise all play a role with genetics on the appearance of dark skin under eyes.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.