Dark Circles Under Eye Circle – Cosmetic Treatments Explained
You have dark under eye circles. You have tried every home remedy and cream under the sun. What’s next? The next line of possibilities is cosmetic procedures and surgeries. If you have enough aggravation from your dark under eye circles to get to this point, you need to get educated first. Some of these procedures work better than others do. Some of these procedures are more aggressive than others are. With a bit of education, you can find the right treatment for you and minimize the side effects. That means you get rid of those dark under eye circles and maintain your health.
One thing to consider before any cosmetic procedure for dark under eye circles is your general health. Most of these procedures require some level of anesthetic. If you cannot deal with even a local anesthetic, you are not a good candidate for some of these procedures. You also need to have realistic expectations on how well the dark under eye circles will work. It may not make them completely disappear. You will likely get a much better appearance however. If you know what you are getting for the price, you will get the relief from the dark under eye circles you hate.
If you have blood veins close to the surface giving you those dark under eye circles, a laser treatment is one option. The light removes the upper layer of skin and helps the skin get down to healthy youthful cells. That helps lighten the appearance of those dark under eye circles and eventually will help thicken the skin to diminish their look. If you have dark pigmentation causing those dark under eye circles, then you need a hyper-pigmentation treatment. There are a few treatments including skin bleaching and acid peels.
Another cosmetic treatment for dark under eye circles is fat grafting. This involves injecting fat under the skin around the eyes. It helps thicken the skin under the eyes and makes the shadows less visible. That helps diminish the appearance of the dark under eye circles. All of these cosmetic procedures involve some risk and need professional supervision. Going cheap is not the best thing for these dark under eye circles treatments. If you go cheap, you may be risking your appearance as well as your future eye health. Use your head when determining the best treatment. It will give you the results you want while maintaining your health and safety.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.