Dark Under eye Circle – Being Proactive is Much Better than Reactive
If you do not want to wake up to a dark under eye circle, take steps to prevent them in the first place. Even if you have a dark under eye circle already, taking these steps will help make them fade out a bit. Every woman and most men need to add special eye creams to their daily beauty regimen. These creams will help prevent the dark under eye circle from appearing in the first place. They do this by keeping the skin moist. Some creams also contain ingredients that increase collagen production in this area. Collagen helps keep skin thicker and the dark under eye circle less noticeable.
What else can you do to prevent or minimize the dark under eye circle? If you find your eyes feeling tired, take a few minutes just to shut your eyelids and rest. Keeping your eyes rested will keep the muscles and tissues around them rested as well. Tired eyes often pull moisture in from other areas. That can lead to the puffiness and tired look that many associate with the dark under eye circle. Another way to rest your eyes is to look away from what you are doing for a time and un-focus your eyes for a minute or so. That helps relax those muscles and tissues as well and thus minimize the dark under eye circle.
There are other ways to prevent or minimize the dark under eye circle. You can use cold to your advantage. Cold is a natural way to reduce swelling. You can combine cold with other things to your advantage. A chilled spoon placed over your eye can do wonders to pull down swelling. But, a chilled tea bag will do better on your dark under eye circle. The tea contains ECHG which is a natural anti-inflammatory. So you get the cold and the tea working at the same time. That will help bring that dark under eye circle into line.
Concealer and other cosmetic options will help you mask the dark under eye circle. But, it will not make them go away. And many women do not want to wear heavy makeup all the time. And men tend to shun it all together. So where does that leave you? Prevention is crucial. When you take steps to prevent the dark under eye circle, you also give your body the tools it needs to repair any damage already there. You also arm your body to keep the dark under eye circle at bay for the long run.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.