DDF Wrinkle Relax: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is DDF Wrinkle Relax?
As per the manufacturer, DDF Wrinkle Relax is part of the DDF Skincare family owned by Procter and Gamble, the corporation known for its personal care, household cleaning, laundry detergents, prescription drugs and disposable diaper products. DDF stands for Doctor’s Dermatological Formula. Their products are categorized by concern: Anti-Aging Restorative, Anti-Aging Preventative, Acne, Sensitive Allergic, Hyperpigmentation, and Sun care. DDF Wrinkle Relax is part of the Anti-Aging Restorative line of products developed under the leadership of DDF’s founder, Dr. Howard Sobel.
Like many other anti-aging skincare products, DDF Wrinkle Relax claims to soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and plump up the skin to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet. The key ingredient to affect these results is a peptide humectant complex. Though no more information is given about this peptide complex, a full listing of the product’s ingredients is prominently displayed on the DDF web site. DDF Wrinkle Relax is a daily treatment that comes in a half ounce pump bottle and retails for $88 at third part site. It is not clear how the product is expected to be used or how long one bottle might last. One could probably assume it is meant for the eye area, one pump per eye, after cleansing and toning. The DDF Wrinkle Relax product makers claim to deliver visible results after four weeks of use.
What are the Ingredients in DDF Wrinkle Relax?
- Glycerin: It may help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation. It is also used to moisture on your skin.
- Squalene: This is a type of lipid derived from olive and aids in maintaining the health of the skin by hydrating, smoothening and softening it.
- Sodium Hyaluronate- This is salt that is potent in boosting skin moisture level while sealing the existing moisture, thus keeping the skin dewy, tight and flexible. It also helps to smooth skin inflammations. However it cause skin infection such as redness or swelling.
- Butylene Glycol: Preservative that prevents products from drying out.
Benefits of DDF Wrinkle Relax
- Full ingredients listed.
- Widely available online and in retail skincare stores.
- It also helps to smooth skin inflammations. However it causes skin infection such as redness or swelling.
Disadvantages of DDF Wrinkle Relax
- DDF and Procter and Gamble produce many different products, meaning that their research and development funding could be spread thin.
- There are no testimonials or statements about clinical trials.
- Peptide humectant complex is vague.
- It contains alcohol which cause skin dryness.
Final Verdict : DDF Wrinkle Relax
DDF Wrinkle Relax might be a great product, but then it might be like any other wrinkle serum on the market. If you are a chemist or dermatologist, you may be able to glean some useful information from the ingredient list provided by the maker in a respectable attempt to appear transparent. Typical consumers, however, would also appreciate statistical information on the product’s success rate in independent clinical trials as well as descriptions of how the ingredients perform and why they are included (How, for example, do the product’s dyes help eliminate wrinkles?. Is the product tested on animals or contain animal products? Another concern we have is that the DDF web site tells potential customers that results can be expected after four weeks, while Sephora offers results from the same product after just two weeks. Sephora is a trusted skincare retail store, as are Proctor and Gamble and the DDF name. Why, then, is there this discrepancy in information?
Amazon used to carry the product, but it is no longer in stock. Amazon gives directions for use, customer reviews and says results can be seen between two weeks and sixty days. Which source would you trust most? Two out of three reviewers who bought DDF Wrinkle Relax through Amazon were happy with the product because it relaxed or paralyzed their face muscles, creating a Botox-like effect. At $88 for half an ounce, we feel the product should stand out in some way against other wrinkles relaxers and not just coast on its good name.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.