DDF: Does DDF Work?
DDF Bio-Molecular Firming Eye Serum is an eye formula that reduces dark circles, fine lines and puffiness around the eye area, as well as toning, firming and moisturizing the skin. Its active ingredient is a combination of proteins and peptides and the cream also contains some botanical extracts.
The small sub-page for the product on the company’s website lists the ingredients in their entirety, but the page itself is very basic and is clearly not used as a selling point, but rather uses a catalogue-style layout with minimal info,. As such, there are no product testimonials, and no information stating when results are to be expected, and by how much fine lines, circles etc are reduced.
The serum is manufactured by DDF (Doctor’s Dermatologic Formula), a dermatologist-founded company with 17 years of experience. The company was previously based in New York but was bought by Procter & Gamble in 2007, though all queries can be sent direct to the company, which has separate email, telephone and mail contact centers and FAQ sections for product use or order enquiries. The site also offers a mailing list.
DDF – Product Description
The cream is a 3-in-1 product: moisturizing, firms and tones the skin, and reduces the appearance of dark circles, eye puffiness and fine lines. A complete list of ingredients is provided, including caffeine, (known to soothe eye puffiness); carrot seed oil (used to balance skin complexion), Echinacea (a natural antiseptic); wheat germ (moisturizer) and witch hazel. Aside from mentioning the active ingredient as a combination of proteins and peptides, no other information is offered regarding how they actually work. There is no information on clinical trials, but the fact that the full list of ingredients is mentioned on the site is useful for allergy sufferers or those wishing to avoid particular ingredients.
The price is $82 for a 0.5oz jar, which is a relatively high price to pay when there is neither a guarantee nor free trial offered. The FAQ section covers questions relating to shipping and returns, and the site also boasts an order tracker. The return policy does cover “non-performance of products”, which suggests that if results are not noticeable, a refund will be issued, but no time frame is given for either the effectiveness of the serum or the return policy.
- An anti-aging eye cream that also firms, tones and moisturizes the skin
- Owned by Procter & Gamble, a trusted corporation
- Money-back guarantee
DDF – Drawbacks
- Expensive price
- No scientific facts or clinical trial info
- No testimonials; no available independent reviews
- Only available via the official site
DDF – The Bottom line
If the site did not provide the entire list of ingredients, there would be very little to recommend about DDF’s Bio-Molecular Firming Eye Serum. Given that this is a product with the terms “Doctor’s Dermatologic Formula” and “Bio-Molecular” in its name, the complete absence of hard, scientific facts to bolster its selling point is disappointing, and to its own detriment ultimately makes this relatively unknown serum look like just an average moisturizer, albeit a very high-priced one.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."