Dea Bella: Does Dea Bella Work?
Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner – Overview
Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner is presented on an attractive website that includes a video presentation of the T.V. commercial for the product.There are a number of good sections on the site such as comprehensive FAQ’s and customer testimonials, although these do not show ‘before and after’ photo evidence. However, the site provides very little information about the Eyelash Conditioner itself. Although the manufacturers, Amber and Linley Laboratories, claim that the product is physician formulated, they provide no clinical studies to show that it works in the 2-8 weeks as promised. There are a number of links to articles from health and beauty websites that have featured the Dea Bella brand, and it appears to have a good reputation in the industry.
Amber and Linley have a 60-day money back guarantee but the process involves the customer providing them photos showing their lashes before and after treatment, which no-one is likely to go to the trouble of doing.
Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner – Product Description
Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner is designed to produce lashes that are 2-3 times their current length in as little as two weeks. The product must be applied once a day, preferably at night after the removal of make-up. Like most other eyelash conditioners, it is brushed in a line along the base of the upper lashes, but can also be used on the eyebrows and lower lashes.
Unfortunately the manufacturers of Dea Bella provide no details at all regarding the ingredients in the product, although it is likely to include nourishing vitamins and possibly peptides and plant extracts. While most formulas used on or around the eyes are tested for safety, there is no mention of this on the product site, which is a concern, particularly for anyone with extremely sensitive skin.
Each tube of Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner lasts approximately 2-3 months if used according to the instructions, and costs $150.00, which makes it one of the more expensive brands on the market. At the time of writing a free Dea Bella heated eyelash curler was sent with every purchase of the conditioner.
Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner – Advantage
- Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner has been featured favorably in the press
- There are no consumer complaints reported against the manufacturers
- A free gift is offered with every purchase
- The product has a 60-day money back guarantee
- The Dea Bella website includes a FAQ section and customer testimonials
- The eyelash conditioner only needs one application per day
Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner – Drawbacks
- The refund process is complicated
- No ingredients are provided for the product
- No clinical studies are shown
- It is unlikely that any eyelash conditioning product can result in longer lashes
- The product may sting upon application
- No safety tests are provided
- Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner is an expensive brand
- There are no independent consumer reviews available for the product
Dea Bella Eyelash Conditioner – The Bottom Line
For such an expensive product, one would expect the manufacturers to provide more details, particularly regarding the ingredients used in the formula and clinical study results. Not only is the Dea Bella brand more costly than similar products, but it does not last as long (most brands last 4-6 months).
As with any eyelash conditioner, the most that can be expected is that the lashes will become stronger, healthier and less likely to break, and therefore able to reach their full growth potential. Given this information, and the fact that the company attach unreasonable conditions to their money back guarantee, the Dea Bella brand is not the best choice for an eyelash conditioner.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day