Deception Wrinkle Cream: Does Deception Wrinkle Cream Work?
Deception Wrinkle Cream Overview
Online since 1999 and popularized through celebrity endorsements and television infomercials, Dremu, the Florida-based maker of Deception Wrinkle Cream, distinguishes itself in its use of Australian Emu oil. Through the expertise of researchers and the latest technology, Dremu refines raw emu oil to create a sterile, odor-free, 100% pure potion used in Dremu products or as the sole ingredient in its Dremu oil to reduce wrinkles without the paralysis of Botox.
Dremu.com, in its turquoise, white and yellow color scheme is mainly a sales portal. In fact, visitors are immediately redirected to a secure page once the website loads. With flash media quotes, an Oprah endorsement and enticing product kit discounts. The website’s front page is light on company and product details. It lists products in ten squares with links to additional information and provides access to a discounts mailing list.
The product pages, which brandish a banner featuring the numerous media sources that have showcased its products, offer the sales pitch, a link to instructions for use, ingredients, Q&A, testimonials, volume discounts as well as product kit pairings. Great use of the three-column page structure offers a wealth of information without overwhelming the visitor or cluttering the page. The only items amiss are clinical research data and result photos.
Deception Wrinkle Cream – Product Description
Through triple-refined Australian emu oil, Dremu developed its unique therapeutic skincare line to hide fine lines, reduce the look of wrinkles, zap skin redness, sooth unnecessary roughness, plus deflate and hydrate the eyes’ baggage. The company offers a full skincare line which includes a pain reliever and message oil.
In perfect salesman style, Dremu’s Deception Wrinkle Cream product description states how it solves the woes wrinkles cause with much drama lacking only the straightforward approach to detailing its attributes. A click of the common questions link, which brings up a box that is mislabeled, “Cashmere Hand & Body Lotion”, reveals that the Deception Wrinkle Cream temporarily camouflages wrinkles with light-reflecting elements such as silicon. While it doesn’t tout the collagen-building promise of its potent emu oil, Deception is comprised of the same oil in addition to many of the other ingredients found in most face creams, for example, Glycerin, Dimethicone and Petrolatum.
As can be expected, gleaming website reviews from Italy to Connecticut boast, “Age is for Cheese” expressing extreme satisfaction in Dremu’s Deception Wrinkle Hiding Cream. Third-part reviews were not in agreement, in fact most were very low and cited a number of complaints at the Better Business Bureau. One search at the BBB website provided seven total complaints in which three went unanswered leading the BBB to give Dremu a business rating of “F” as in failing for among other things, its lack of response some complaints and the misleading claims on its website.
Deception Wrinkle Cream Advantage
- While the company touts the collagen-building properties of its Emu oil, it does not claim its Deception Wrinkle Cream product to be anything more than a wrinkle hiding cream.
- Deception Wrinkle Cream uses silicon and light-refracting microprisms to reflect the shadows that make wrinkles and fine lines visible.
Deception Wrinkle Cream – Drawbacks
- Dremu earned an F rating from the BBB for failure to respond to complaints and misleading product claims.
- The website contains no clinical trial information.
- The product and company have earned poor third-party reviews.
Deception Wrinkle Cream – The Bottom line
If the poor third-party reviews and the lack of company response to complaints aren’t enough to discourage this product, then maybe the “F” rating from the Better Business Bureau will do the trick. There are many other companies that provide age-fooling facial products with more integrity.
Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.