Derma Activ Eye Gel Review: Does it Really Tackle Skin Aging?
Derma Activ Eye Gel is an anti-aging treatment that aims to help promote the healthy appearance of the skin around your eyes in particular. This skin is often thin and is frequently flexed by blinking, so it can show signs of wear and tear quicker than other areas. Like many such products, Derma Activ Eye Gel is compared to Botox and skin surgeries and suggested as a safer option. It is available in a “trial and autoship program,” where you receive a trial amount for a small price and enrolled to receive more product every month. The price tag isn’t disclosed, but similar products are mostly to be around $90 per month.
We don’t have a full list of ingredients for this product, which does raise questions of both effectiveness and safety for people with sensitivities. The manufacturers’ website does discuss a few ingredients, though:
- Ceramides: A fatty acid which is derived from plants, and which in this context can serve as a moisturizing agent.
- Rosemary extract: A natural essential oil used as a source for vitamins and antioxidants
- Retinol palmitate: A derivative of Vitamin A that encourages your skin to produce new cells and remove the old.
While there are no specific directions from the manufacturers, similar products instructs you washing your face, drying it, and then applying a small amount of the product once or twice per day.
- This product is meant to target the skin around the eyes, which can become discolored or wrinkled well in advance of the rest of your skin.
- Using it is easy.
- A trial is available.
- Autoshipment can be convenient if you can’t make it to the shops very often.
- Contains Retinol, which is a widely used and established skin care supplement
- We don’t have a full list of ingredients for this product or information of how much of the individual ingredients are present.
- No clinical information is provided to back up the claims made for how well this product works.
- Little information is available on price or consumer protections
Derma Activ Eye Gel offers solutions in a familiar pattern: Make big promises, list a couple of ingredients with some effectiveness, contrast it favorably to Botox, and try to get people in an autoshipment program. While we grant this product some credit for including ceramides and retinol, we don’t know how much of each formula is in their product. And, of course, autoshipped products tend to be definitely on the pricy side. You may be better served looking elsewhere for the anti-aging products you want.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Anti Aging Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."