Dermaclear Review: Is It Really Effective?
Dermaclear, US $32 for a 250 ml bottle, is a cleansing water that has been formulated to deliver multiple benefits for your skin.
What Does Dermaclear Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Dissolve and eliminate makeup residues, excess oil, and other impurities
- Tone and tighten your skin to show a smoother and silkier surface
- Improve your skin’s natural glow and give it radiance that originates from deep within
- Relieve your skin from dull complexion
- Improve your skin’s overall health and appearance with consistent, regular, long-term use
Dermaclear Manufacturer’s Detail
Founded in 2004, Dr. Jart+ is best known for bringing the lean and mean beauty benefits of using BB (Beauty Balm) creams. That brand came to the US market with the new wave of Korean cosmeceuticals that eventually popularized the 10+ step beauty routine. Today, the brand that started as a collaboration between a doctor and an entrepreneur, both of them males, is being distributed in 15 countries in Asia, Middle East, Europe and North America.
Working of Dermaclear
This product works by combining mild exfoliation, moisturization and skin healing in a single clear liquid solution that removes all the day’s impurities, even your toughest waterproof makeup in just one step.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil: Has moisturizing properties that also helps facilitate skin restructuring that can lift and firm up your skin, in effect improving its overall contour
- Citric Acid: A natural alpha hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates your skin to eliminate the top layer and allow new skin to surface and replace it
- Bergamot Fruit Oil: Has natural antiseptic, moisturizing, and therapeutic properties that help calm your skin as it restores its optimal moisture levels and hydration functions
- Madecassoside: Derived from Centella asiatica, this ingredient helps facilitate natural skin healing mechanisms, improves skin synthesis, and revives your skin’s overall health and youthful appearance
- The formula is free from parabens, sulfates and phthalates
- This product is made with 90 per cent natural ingredients dissolved in 85 per cent active hydrogen mineral water, instead of just plain, flat water.
- This product is designed to deliver a simple, one-step solution to your skin cleansing needs without hurting your skin.
- The formula lists the toxic preservative, phenoxyethanol, as the fifth ingredient on the list, which means that every other ingredient listed after it are present in the formula in minute quantities.
- Several users have reported how this product could cause a burning sensation to the skin and sting the eyes, and may not be as mild as advertised.
Dermaclear Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs
- Increased risk for diseases associated with the reproductive organs due to EDTA
Soak a cotton pad with Dermaclear and swipe across your face to remove all impurities without ever having to double wash again.
Dermaclear reviews read:
- “Dr. Jart Dermaclear Micro Water is created with 85% active hydrogen mineral water and is free from denatured alcohol, color, perfume, and mineral oil. If you’re a micellar water user I’m positive you’ll adore this formula as it removes makeup very, very easily including harder to remove eye makeup and waterproof mascara without stripping or drying out skin. Plus, if you’re in a hurry and just want to head bed fast this is a great way to listen to the inner voice of mom about how you shouldn’t go to bed with your makeup on…Now, I really like Dr Jart’s formula but it doesn’t agree with my eyes. It stings a bit and makes my eyes rather red.” — Product review by Isabella Muse on musingsofamuse.com
- “This stuff is really good. It is more than just a cleansing makeup remover(and it does that very well!). This stuff is a treatment with some really good ingredients such as Royal jelly, Pearl Powder and Ferment Filtrate (Sake), which is similar to SKII at a fraction of the cost.” — road2lane on MakeupAlley
Dermaclear is convenience in skin care. It does not leave you with an excuse to skip cleansing before hitting the sheets. The potentially harsh nature of the product, however, may stop you from using this product at all.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: