Dermalash – Overview
With a graduate degree in Chemistry and an MBA in Marketing from rigorous universities in India, DermaQuest CEO and founder Sam Dhatt developed over 700 skincare formulations for some of the industry’s leading skincare and cosmetic giants. In 1999, Dhatt applied that knowledge and experience to his own skincare brand, DermaQuest Skin Therapy Inc. The privately-held Hayward, California-based company has earned a world-wide reputation for proprietary front-running skincare formulations that are innovative and effective results whether used at home or professionally.
With the virtual environment of a true clinical manufacturer, DermaQuestInc.com, in its pale gray and white color scheme, the left menu bar provides its navigation links to the product lines, the company history, the ingredient technology, media mentions, testimonials, the professional’s portal, product locator and the mailing list. On the right is a flash banner of the brand’s latest products. Below features the hottest product media endorsements, and a product image link to the company’s product lines. The bottom menu bar links visitors to the company contact page, the frequently asked questions, the employment page and the legal disclaimers.
Dermalash – Product Description
DermaQuest divides its product offerings into three separate lines; the Masters, Age Management, Acne Management, Therapeutic Products and Professional Care lines. Within the Agement Management line, DermaQuest offers over 15 products that include every skincare stage and need. Also in that line is DermaQuest’s eyelash conditioning treatment, Dermalash. Dermalash promises to protect lashes from the daily abuse brought about due to allergies, cosmetics and the environment while stimulating them to a stronger, longer and more voluminous state. Although the purchase of Dermalash isn’t available on the DermaQuest Inc website, it can be purchases at salons, spas and at some online retailers for about $93. Applied like eyeliner the third party retailers listed such ingredients as “Eye Lashes Growth Promoter Complex”, wheat and soy protein, various glycols, extracts and Biotin.
While the reviews for DermaQuest’s Dermalash weren’t numerous, the average rating was above average.
Dermalash – Advantage
- Dermalash received above average reviews and a positive mention of a popular television show.
- Dermalash claims to produce long lush lashes in spite of the common environmental hazards that cause them to break or become brittle.
- At a cost under $95, Dermalash is cheaper than its competitors.
Dermalash – Drawbacks
- DermaQuest doesn’t list Dermalash’s ingredients.
- While the ingredients are listed on online retail sites, Dermalash’s “Eye Lashes Growth Promoter Complex” remains undefined.
- DermaQuest provides no specific testimonials, result photos or clinical research to support its claims for Dermalash .
- Purchase of DermaQuest products, including Dermalash cannot be made from its website.
Dermalash – The Bottom Line
While the lower cost, the media praise and the suggestion of natural ingredients makes Dermalash appealing, the mystery behind its Eye Lashes Growth Promoter complex and the lack of evidence to support its effectiveness on the brand website is unsettling. While the online third-party reviews were positive there were simply not enough of them to surpass the other brands. If cost is the main concern and the ingredient ambiguity isn’t a problem, Dermalash may be worth the experiment.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."