Dermalogica Active Moist Review: Is It Really Effective?
Dermalogica Active Moist Introduction
Dermalogica Active Moist, US $40 for 1.7 oz., is a daily moisturizer that rehydrates and rebuilds your skin while also providing future protection from damage and aging.
What Does Dermalogica Active Moist Claim
Based on claims made by this product’s manufacturer, this product has been specially designed and formulated to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Restore your skin’s optimal moisture levels while also enhancing your skin’s natural ability to effectively capture, store and gradually release moisture over longer periods of time
- Help restore your skin’s overall health and vitality by boosting your skin’s ideal nutrient content
- Smoothen, soften and brighten your skin
- Improve your skin’s strength to bind fibers tighter and make it more resilient to future causes of damage and aging, working together with powerful antioxidants infused in the formula
- Soothe and calm inflamed skin which, in turn, promotes a more even toned skin
Dermalogica Active Moist Manufacturer’s Detail
Dermalogica was a direct offshoot of the International Dermal Institute where more than 70,000 students graduate every year. The brand was established to cater to the unmet needs and requirements of skincare therapists for high performance skin products which are simply not available direct from then existing brands of skincare products. Eventually, Dermalogica began introducing its products to the direct consumer market and, since then, has become one of the most well-respected brands in skin care.
Working of Dermalogica Active Moist
Dermalogica works by moisturizing your skin but also, by enhancing your skin’s overall health. It conditions, tones and lightens your overall complexion.
Dermalogica Active Moist Ingredients
- Sik Amino Acids: Smoothen the surface texture of your skin, making your pores appear tighter and more refined
- Lemon Extract: Provides its natural astringent properties to tone and lighten your skin complexion
- Burdock Extract: Helps strengthen your skin’s synthesis, making it more resilient to future signs of damage and aging, but also to re-fortify your skin’s protective barrier which helps keep the moisture locked in
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate: Provides your skin with potent UV protection to stop sun damage from progressing as well as to prevent UV from damaging your skin in the future
- Lactamide MEA: A humectant derived from lactic acid which helps keep your skin well-conditioned by attracting moisture to the surface where it provides your skin with continuous source of moisture to keep it from drying out
- Arctium Lappa: Provides your skin with a powerful antioxidant boost to protect your skin from free radicals that can damage your skin all the way down to your cells
Dermalogica Active Moist Pros
- This product best suits people with normal to oily skin types.
- This product is infused with a sunscreen agent, although the SPF of which is not certified nor guaranteed.
- This product is multi-tasking, as it provides your skin with moisturizing relief from dryness and prevailing environmental conditions, boosts your antioxidant levels, and even strengthens your skin’s future health.
- The formula does not contain artificial fragrances and synthetic dyes.
Dermalogica Active Moist Cons
- This product may not be as effective for people with dry to very dry skin types as the formula tends to dry out and may make the skin feel extremely dehydrated.
- Several users, both those who were satisfied and not with this product, found this moisturizer to be significantly more expensive than other equally effective brands.
- Many Dermalogica Active Moist reviews said that this product caused their skin to become irritated.
Dermalogica Active Moist Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrances andseveral botanical ingredients
- Increased risk for various forms of cancers due to PEG
- Increased risk for reproductive health-related diseases and dysfunctions due to EDTA
Dermalogica Active Moist must be applied on skin after freshly cleansing and toning. Apply a generous amount of the product to cover skin on your face, neck and chest.
Dermalogica Active Moist reviews posted by users read:
- “This product does not work for me, i need a thicker cream based product, my skin is extremely dry in the winter.”
- “This really is for oily skin. Have been plagued with oily skin FOREVER, blot constantly, like all day…Was a bit skeptical but it does moisturize.”
Dermalogica Active Moist will provide you with a moisturizing formula that tries very hard to give you added benefits that goes beyond conditioning your skin. However, this product will not suit everybody, and how it works depends a lot on what your skin needs.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: