Dermalogica After Sun Repair Review:Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Dermalogica After Sun Repair??
Skin damage is the number one cause of sking aging and the primary reason for the manifestation of differents signs of weakening skin vitality, which includes wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, discoloration, hyperpigmentation, saggy skin, and dark under eye circles, among many others.
While there are so many products claiming to turn back the hands of time and make your skin young again, truth is, there’s a very slim possibility that yes, you can erase a couple of years off of your face but, your skin certainly won’t look younger than a decade! What these products often fail to mention is that their performance is severely limited by the latest developments in skincare science and technology.
As state by manufacturer, Developed by the International Dermal Institute (IDI) in 1986, Dermalogica was conceived by its founder, Jane Wurward, a skin therapist educated in the United Kingdom who, upon having moved to the US, immediately spotted the lack of standards in esthetics practice, pursued the institution of the IDI. Over the years and to this day, the IDI, based in California, has trained thousands of skin therapists, and now offers its brand of skincare science to a total of 37 locations around the world.
Wurward’s vision of bringing the IDI skincare philosophy closer to more consumers by supporting the need of their trained therapists for products that go beyond beauty is what started Dermalogica. Wurward and her team wanted to create a full range of product offerings that made beautiful skin possible without compromising on their consumer’s health and safety.
For just $33.00per 3.4 oz. tube, Dermalogica After Sun Repair is ready to give your skin a much needed boost following sun exposure, particularly when your skin has been burned or overexposed.
When your skin is exposed to the sun, it becomes exposed to two types of radiation, UVA and UVB. UVA penetrates deep into your skin and causes damage to the dermis and subcutaneous levels. UVB rays are what causes your skin to suffer from sunburn. UVB rays activate free radicals that damage skin cells. The heat from the sun not only causes your skin’s surface to darken but also, causes a blood rush in the subcutaneous layer of the skin, causing skin to turn red.
As all of these are occuring, your skin cells struggle to survive. That’s when your skin can make use of a good boost from Dermalogica After Sun Repair. It soothes and calms your sunburned skin by helping cool down your skin and minimize the swelling and redness that accompanies sunburn. To up your skin’s defenses and cut-short the time it takes for it to heal, Dermalogica After Sun Repair floods your skin with moisture. This helps more of your skin cells to survive the damage, while easing the removal of dead skin cells, making peeling so much more painless that if you endured it without Dermalogica After Sun Repair.
Dermalogica After Sun Repair– Does It Really Work?
Dermalogica After Sun Repair cools and soothes sunburned skin. Its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory ingredients help prevent skin infections. Botanical extracts and moisturizers help heal damaged skin and eliminate dead skin cells.
What are the Ingredients in Dermalogica After Sun Repair?
- Sodium Hyaluronate- This is salt that is potent in boosting skin moisture level while sealing the existing moisture, thus keeping the skin dewy, tight and flexible. It also helps to smooth skin inflammations. However it cause skin infection such as redness or swelling.
- Disodium EDTA: It is a salt of edetic acid primarily used as a chelating agent, which can sequester and decrease the reactivity of metal ions that may be present in a product. It also used to enhance the foaming and cleaning capabilities of a cosmetic solution.
- Butylene Glycol: This ingredient is a colorless organic alcohol used as a solvent and as a conditioning agent.
- Cucumber Extract: This is the active ingredient for reducing dark circles and puffiness; however, there isn’t any significant evidence that it can deliver dramatic results in doing so.
Benefits of Dermalogica After Sun Repair
- Soothes, cools and calms sunburned skin
- Heavily moisturizing
- This product boost the skin moisture level but it may cause redness on skin.
Disadvantages of Dermalogica After Sun Repair
- This formula contains Butylene glycol which cause skin irritation.
- It also contains Sodium hyaluronate which leads to swelling on applied area.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- The combination of active ingredients is weak.
How To Apply Dermalogica After Sun Repair
- Apply liberally on affected areas of the skin.
- Cool the cream in the fridge before applying on skin for an even more soothing feel.
Does Dermalogica After Sun Repair Have Any Side Effects?
- Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil is a known skin irritant.
- Contains Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben which can be toxic and hormone disrupting.
Final Verdict : Dermalogica After Sun Repair
Dermalogica is built around a good skincare philosophy which, certainly, it intended to rub off on its After Sun Repair. However, it may be high time that the science behind the philosophy gets a facelift too. This product may still be generally safe except if you’re sensitive to parabens and phenoxyethanol then, it’s probably no go.It offer 30 days return policy.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: