Dermalogica Anti Aging Moisturizer SPF 50 Review
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 Introduction
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50, US $69 for 1.7 oz., is a day time moisturizer that keeps your skin well hydrated all day as it provide you with approximately 98 per cent of sun cover to help avoid adding more damage and signs of aging to your skin.
What Does Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 Claim
This product has been formulated to deliver the following health and beauty benefits with regular product application:
- Provide medium-weight coverage that helps boost your skin’s moisture levels and help you keep it that way for the rest of the day
- Give you UVA and UVB protection that reflects back 98 per cent of rays that reach your skin, helping avert sun-induced damage on a daily basis
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 Manufacturer’s Detail
Dermalogica is a brand that was originally pegged to cater to the needs of skin therapists for products that are professional grade and that actually result to visible improvements on skin. It is, after all, a brand that started formulating and distributing products when its founder, the English skin therapist Jane Wurward, came to realize that her students at the International Dermal Institute needed products that they can count on to perform. Not soon after, the brand started catering to the men and women of the general public who were tired of using products that make tall promises but deliver very little.
Working of Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50
This product works in three ways. First, it floods your skin with moisturizers in the form of humectants and emollients to give your skin a significant moisture boost. Second, it rebuilds your skin’s protective barrier function by strengthening your skin’s surface layer. Third, it protects your skin from further damage with the help of sunscreen and antioxidants.
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 Ingredients
- Avobenzone (3.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%): Chemical sunscreen actives that, combined, provide your skin with potent sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays
- White Tea: Floods your skin with antioxidants as it revitalizes your skin to improve its spongelike qualities in absorbing and keeping moisture in
- Patented Oleosome Encapsulation Technology: Helps rebuild the skin’s surface layer faster, thereby ensuring that the skin’s protective barrier function is restored sooner, an achievement that is vital in helping keep your skin better hydrated and well-moisturized all day
- Polypeptide Complex: Powers up skin renewal and regeneration processes that help keep your skin healthier and more supple to the touch
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 Pros
- This product has been guaranteed by the manufacturer to be free from fragrances and artificial colorants which can irritate your skin on contact but which, with long term skin exposure, can lead to permanent skin damages and premature aging.
- This product does not contain parabens, chemicals that have been demonstrated many times to cause irregularities in normal hormone functioning, as well as lead to diseases that originate from resulting organ failure as a result of hormonal imbalances.
- Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 reviews find this product light enough to be worn comfortably under day time makeup.
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 Cons
- Some users did not find this product moisturizing enough to keep their skin well hydrated for long.
- Formula can be irritating when used around the eyes, making a separate SPF-infused eye cream necessary to complement this product’s shortcoming.
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- skin irritation and allergic reactions due to the chemical sunscreens primarily but also, due to the presence of irritating synthetics like butylene glycol, ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, and butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane
- increased risks for brain and nerve damage due to exposure to phenoxyethanol
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 must be applied on freshly cleansed and toned face in the morning, at least 15 minutes before going out into the open.
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 is a moisturizing product with sunscreen protection that deserves your closer attention, if only for the presence of peptides and antioxidants which gives you added value that goes beyond moisturizing. With a price tag this expensive, however, you would be happy to know that there are other similarly formulated products that come at an inexpensive price.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: