Dermalogica AGE Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 Sunscreen Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Dermalogica Broad Spectrum Spf 50?
Dermalogica is the brand behind the product & its story begins in 1986. Dermalogica AGE Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50, US $72 for 1.7 oz., is a sun protection product that specifically commits to protecting your skin from signs of skin damage caused by advanced glycation end products (AGEs). However, most of its merchandise are known for being overpriced.
Dermalogica Broad Spectrum Spf 50 – Does it Really Work?
More specifically as per manufacturer claims, this product is committed to bring you the following benefits:
- Gives your skin a moisture boost which guards against dryness, the other major cause of skin damage and aging alongside UV.
- Floods your skin with antioxidants to protect it from further damage caused by UV and free radicals, buying your skin more time to cope with all the repairs necessary to restore your skin’s health to optimal levels.
- Provides broad spectrum sun protection with a high SPF 50. Dermalogica is a brand created by the International Dermal Institute (IDI) in 1986 which, since then, has been strongly driven by the motivation never puts peoples’ health in jeopardy in the name of beauty.
What Are The Ingredients In Dermalogica Broad Spectrum Spf 50?
- Avobenzone (3.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%): Chemical sunscreen actives that give makes this formula capable of blocking out both UVA and UVB from touching your skin, that includes at least 97 per cent of skin burning UVB, that is.
- White Tea Extract: Enriched with powerful antioxidants, this ingredient provides free radical protection as well as supports the faster healing process necessary for your skin to better cope with skin damages caused by UV and other environmental factors.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Helps restore your skin’s ideal moisture levels by attracting more moisture from the surroundings and keeping your skin better hydrated over a longer period of time. However it can cause itching or skin irritation
- Glucosamine HCL: Promotes skin elasticity, and skin that is firmer and that appears tighter and more pulled up.
How to apply Dermalogica Broad Spectrum Spf 50
As per manufacturer guidelines:
- Use Dermalogica AGE Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 is specially designed for daily use to help your skin recover from UV damage.
- Apply product liberally at least 15 minutes prior to sun exposure then, reapply every 2 hours or so throughout the rest of the day.
Benefits Of Dermalogica Broad Spectrum Spf 50
- This product is formulated with a highly potent sun protection complex that shields your skin from both UVA and UVB, and which gives your skin no less than the maximum SPF 50 protection.
- This is a multifunctional product that primarily delivers both sun protection and age correcting functions.
- With regular use, expect your skin to appear more youthful however, there are no clinical evidence for the same.
Disadvantages Of Dermalogica Broad Spectrum Spf 50
- This product is formulated with highly toxic active chemical sunscreens that pose long-term risks to your overall health and well-being.
- This product contains the highly irritating ingredients, fragrances and butylene glycol.
- A neurotoxin, phenoxyethanol is used as preservative.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
Final Verdict: Dermalogica Broad Spectrum Spf 50
Dermalogica AGE Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 makes a strong point that proper sun care leads to ageless beauty. This product provides a less risky alternative to the photosensitizing retinol often used in anti-wrinke creams. Nevertheless, this product falls short of providing many other ingredients, like peptides and amino acids, that would have helped amp up its anti-aging properties.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: