Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Review: Is It Really Effective?
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Description
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque is a detoxifying mask meant to pull impurities from the skin with charcoal and sulfur, leaving it bright, fresh, and cleansed. Dermalogica, founded in 1986 by a UK skin therapist, seeks to pursue skin health over “beauty” in order to repair and enhance skin for a truly beautiful appearance. This product can be purchased for $47 on the manufacturer’s site and through retailers like Ulta. While Dermalogica allows returns, they don’t provide a true money-back guarantee.
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Ingredients
Below is the key ingredient list. The full ingredient list can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
- Charcoal: Activated form of the mineral, which absorbs impurities and excess oils into itself
- Sulfur: Mineral that brightens the skin
- Maris Limus (Sea Silt): A dead sea mud silt that contains raw minerals that exfoliate and soothe the skin to boost cell turnover
- Lactic Acid: Alpha-hydroxy-acid that dissolves the bond of dead skin cells on the face, boosting cell turnover to reduce wrinkles
- Bamboo Extract: An antioxidant-rich plant extract that enhances your skin’s ability to absorb minerals
- Volcanic Ash: Natural purifier that exfoliates away dead cells and cleanses pores
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque is meant to be applied in a generous layer to the face, avoiding the eyes. Let the mask sit for 3 to 5 minutes before wetting the hands and massaging the face to enhance exfoliation, and then rinse off.
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Advantages
- Remove impurities like dirt and oil from the pores, minimizing their appearance
- Exfoliate away dead skin cells to boost new cell turnover and leave skin fresh and bright
- Mineral-rich ingredients enhance the skin for improved radiance
- Reduce blemishes and fine lines
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque Disadvantages
- No documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied
- While the company provides the ingredient list, it does not provide the ingredient amounts
- Some of the ingredients in this formula can potentially irritate skin, especially sensitive skin
- No money-back guarantee
Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque is designed to brighten, cleanse, and detoxify the skin for a brighter, healthier, blemish-free appearance. Many of its ingredients also include beneficial minerals. While the company is forthcoming with the ingredient list, no study results or documentation proving this product’s effectiveness is readily supplied. This, combined with the fact that no amounts are given for the ingredients, makes it very hard to confirm the effectiveness and strength of this product. However, many of the key ingredients like charcoal and lactic acid have been proven to remove dead cells and impurities; there is just no proof backing the effectiveness of this particular formulation. If you have sensitive skin, this product may not be for you because lactic acid is a powerful exfoliant that dissolves skin and can cause peeling and irritation in some skin types. Dermalogica does not provide a money-back guarantee. You can only get a refund if the product is unopened, so you cannot try the product risk-free. There are many detoxifying masks available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: